/irc-logs / w3c / #html-wg / 2011-06-23 / end

Options:

  1. # Session Start: Thu Jun 23 00:00:00 2011
  2. # Session Ident: #html-wg
  3. # [00:05] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12908] How come we leave the first 128 characters and then divide the string into three equal parts? Last time I checked, 128 % 3 == 2. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0972.html> ** [Bug 12886] The microformats wiki seems to be down now ... do I just have bad timing, or is that not a good place to host the registry? (https:// is working, though, actually...) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public
  4. # [00:35] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13020] New: No user agent will implement the storage mutex so this passage does not reflect reality <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0986.html> ** [Bug 12849] why is there a 'month' type but not 'year'? I need a 'year' field for a form (to collect year, make, model of cars) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0985.html> ** [Bug 12723] The page freezes and don't respon
  5. # [01:09] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70) (Ping timeout)
  6. # [01:16] * Quits: pdr (pdr@72.14.228.1) (Ping timeout)
  7. # [01:44] * Quits: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58) (Quit: Freedom - to walk free and own no superior.)
  8. # [01:53] * Joins: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58)
  9. # [01:57] * Joins: davidb (davidb@174.91.42.7)
  10. # [02:01] * Joins: homata (homata@58.158.182.50)
  11. # [02:38] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.18.229) (Quit: mjs)
  12. # [02:49] * Joins: mjs (mjs@67.218.105.223)
  13. # [03:00] * Joins: homata_ (homata@58.158.182.50)
  14. # [03:01] * Quits: homata (homata@58.158.182.50) (Ping timeout)
  15. # [03:12] * Quits: davidb (davidb@174.91.42.7) (Quit: davidb)
  16. # [03:41] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@71.21.195.70)
  17. # [03:42] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@71.21.195.70) (Client exited)
  18. # [03:44] * Joins: davidb (davidb@174.91.42.7)
  19. # [03:46] * Joins: Thezilch (fuz007@75.85.127.198)
  20. # [03:49] * Quits: mjs (mjs@67.218.105.223) (Quit: mjs)
  21. # [03:56] * Quits: tH (Rob@83.100.158.125) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86.1-rdmsoft [XULRunner 1.9.0.1/2008072406])
  22. # [04:09] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.130.242)
  23. # [04:10] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70)
  24. # [04:19] * Joins: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6)
  25. # [04:40] * Quits: davidb (davidb@174.91.42.7) (Quit: davidb)
  26. # [05:36] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13021] New: This is test <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0987.html>
  27. # [05:49] * Joins: nonge_ (nonge@91.50.110.169)
  28. # [05:52] * Quits: nonge__ (nonge@91.50.107.249) (Ping timeout)
  29. # [05:55] * Quits: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58) (Quit: Freedom - to walk free and own no superior.)
  30. # [05:56] * Joins: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58)
  31. # [06:01] * Quits: homata_ (homata@58.158.182.50) (Quit: Leaving...)
  32. # [06:10] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70) (Connection reset by peer)
  33. # [07:21] * heycam is now known as heycam|away
  34. # [09:17] * Quits: heycam|away (cam@203.98.73.35) (Ping timeout)
  35. # [09:29] * Joins: Martijnc (Martijnc@84.192.44.100)
  36. # [09:37] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12974] Allow placeholder="" on <input type=number> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0988.html>
  37. # [10:04] * Joins: MikeSmith_ (MikeSmith@111.188.61.82)
  38. # [10:06] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.130.242) (Ping timeout)
  39. # [10:06] * MikeSmith_ is now known as MikeSmith
  40. # [10:07] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12490] potential conflict between Link: and <link> semantics <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0990.html> ** [Bug 12495] please mark the reference to RFC1345 as non-normative <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0989.html>
  41. # [10:37] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13022] New: The whitespace formatting of the interface is really inconsistent (tabs vs spaces?) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0991.html>
  42. # [11:28] * Joins: arronei_ (arronei@131.107.0.73)
  43. # [11:28] * Quits: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.110) (Ping timeout)
  44. # [11:36] * Joins: tH (Rob@83.100.158.125)
  45. # [11:38] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13023] New: removing CSS outline bad for accessibility <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0992.html>
  46. # [11:41] * Quits: Thezilch (fuz007@75.85.127.198) (Connection reset by peer)
  47. # [11:43] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  48. # [12:00] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22)
  49. # [12:06] <pimpbot> planet: Bruce: Installable web apps and interoperability <http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/2011/installable-web-apps-and-interoperability/>
  50. # [12:17] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.61.82) (Ping timeout)
  51. # [12:30] * Joins: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29)
  52. # [12:33] * Quits: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6) (Quit: mjs)
  53. # [13:04] * Joins: konaya (konaya@81.170.206.42)
  54. # [13:38] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13023] removing CSS outline bad for accessibility <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0994.html> ** [Bug 13021] This is test <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0993.html>
  55. # [13:43] * Joins: MikeSmith (mikesmith@111.188.136.201)
  56. # [14:08] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  57. # [14:08] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13024] New: What the hell is an IDL attribute? <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0995.html>
  58. # [14:10] <plh> http://dev.w3.org/2006/webapi/WebIDL/#idl-attributes
  59. # [14:10] <pimpbot> Title: Web IDL (at dev.w3.org)
  60. # [14:13] * Quits: MikeSmith (mikesmith@111.188.136.201) (Quit: hands busy doing other things)
  61. # [14:15] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.136.201)
  62. # [14:22] * Joins: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180)
  63. # [14:38] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13025] Which of the accept, alt, autocomplete, checked, dirname, formaction, formenctype, formmethod, formnovalidate, formtarget, height, list, max, maxlength, min, multiple, pattern, placeholder, readonly, required, size, src, step, and width content attributes <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/0999.html> ** [Bug 13026] New: What prose below defines when an element is a 'button'? <http://lists.w3.org/A
  64. # [14:41] * Joins: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65)
  65. # [15:08] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12945] "On setting, if the given element has an id attribute, then the content attribute must be set to the value of that id attribute. Otherwise, the IDL attribute must be set to the empty string." is strange and breaks reflection. If the given element isn't in <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1000.html>
  66. # [15:19] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  67. # [15:20] <Julian> hsivonen, once again I have a validator.nu / @rel question...
  68. # [15:20] <Julian> is rel=Copyright supposed to validate?
  69. # [15:20] <Julian> note the uppercase letter
  70. # [15:21] <Julian> it does not appear in http://microformats.org/wiki/existing-rel-values#HTML5_link_type_extensions
  71. # [15:21] <pimpbot> Title: existing rel values Microformats Wiki (at microformats.org)
  72. # [15:22] <Julian> but in the first table on that page
  73. # [15:38] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12676] DATA_CLONE_ERR code mismatch <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1002.html> ** [Bug 11181] link type "external" either not useful or underspecified <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1001.html>
  74. # [15:50] * Joins: ndw (ndw@96.32.124.29)
  75. # [15:52] * Quits: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29) (Ping timeout)
  76. # [15:55] <hsivonen> Julian: Validator.nu does not currently support HTML 4 link types that were excluded from HTML5
  77. # [15:56] <hsivonen> Julian: under a theory that HTML4 link types that aren't in the HTML5 spec itself were excluded from HTML5 intentionally
  78. # [15:56] <hsivonen> Julian: now, 'copyright' is an interesting case, since it's not part of the WG Decision to exclude certain keywords
  79. # [15:57] <hsivonen> (also, I acknowledge that the WG Decision didn't preclude keywords from being registered)
  80. # [15:57] <hsivonen> Julian: this is an area that hasn't yet fully been figured out
  81. # [15:58] <hsivonen> Julian: what do you think thould be done about the HTML 4 link types that aren't in the HTML5 spec itself (i.e. are knowingly dropped)?
  82. # [16:00] <hsivonen> Julian: for copyright in particular, is there a use case other than "put a link in the browser UI that no browser shows by default and most browsers don't even have"?
  83. # [16:03] <Julian> Hm
  84. # [16:03] <Julian> first of all I'd like to understand what validator.nu is doing here
  85. # [16:04] <Julian> with respect to your questions:
  86. # [16:04] <Julian> - I believe that the HTML4 relations should be registered and valid, unless clearly harmful
  87. # [16:05] <Julian> - Copyright: it does get displayed in FF with an addon
  88. # [16:05] <Julian> ("Link Widgets")
  89. # [16:06] <Julian> also, I'm not aware of any WG decision to prevent any keywords to be registered
  90. # [16:06] <Julian> all we have talked about so far is whether some should appear *in the spec*
  91. # [16:07] <Julian> finally, - broken report - it's not really relevant whether *browsers* display it
  92. # [16:07] <Philip> HTML5 says "For historical reasons, user agents must also treat the keyword "copyright" like the license keyword.", so presumably it satisfies exactly the same use cases as license
  93. # [16:07] <Julian> s/report/record/
  94. # [16:08] <Julian> Philip: good point
  95. # [16:08] <hsivonen> Julian: do you consider the relations that the WG explicitly Decided not to include in HTML5 "clearly harmful"?
  96. # [16:09] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11181] link type "external" either not useful or underspecified <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1003.html>
  97. # [16:09] <hsivonen> Julian: and yes, the Decision didn't make them unregistrable
  98. # [16:10] * Joins: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6)
  99. # [16:10] <Julian> hsivonen, without remembering which these were... I don't think that the topic of being harmful ever came up
  100. # [16:10] <hsivonen> Julian: also, did you notice that Hixie wanted to change the registration mechanism if the current mechanism just leads to all the old HTML 4 rel keywords getting registered?
  101. # [16:10] <Julian> I heard that and found it funny
  102. # [16:11] <hsivonen> Julian: index, up, first and last
  103. # [16:11] <Julian> I also heard that he thinks that thinks that are "good" should be included in the spec
  104. # [16:11] <hsivonen> Julian: those four have a bunch of synonyms, too, in HTML 4
  105. # [16:11] <Julian> so he claerly doesn't grasp the convept of a registry yet
  106. # [16:11] <Julian> I don't think these are harmful
  107. # [16:12] <hsivonen> Julian: the Decision is http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Feb/att-0481/issue-118-decision.html
  108. # [16:12] <pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-118 broken-link-types (at lists.w3.org)
  109. # [16:12] <Julian> I remember that I agreed with their removal because they remained in the registry (that we had at that point)
  110. # [16:12] <hsivonen> Julian: the Decision doesn't make it too clear what was Decided, though
  111. # [16:12] <hsivonen> Julian: you'll need to look up the prevailing CP to see what actually got Decided
  112. # [16:13] <hsivonen> Julian: would you be OK with the legacy HTML 4 rel keywords being valid but getting an error about how the Link Toolbar concept is failed browser UI so Web authors shouldn't bother?
  113. # [16:14] <Julian> "The final proposal argues for the removal of some relation values, to wit, it suggests removal of index, up, first and last. It was pointed out in survey comments that these relations are already registered in the IANA link relation registry. Presumably, these relations could also be entered in whatever other registry or registries HTML5 adopts for this purpose. In support of this proposal,...
  114. # [16:14] <Julian> ...and against the proposals to retain or alter these relations, a number of arguments were presented."
  115. # [16:15] <Julian> I'm not sure I undstand the "but getting an error..." part.
  116. # [16:15] <hsivonen> oops. getting a warning I meant
  117. # [16:15] <Julian> again; link toolsbars are not the only use case
  118. # [16:15] <Julian> (sry for the typos)
  119. # [16:16] <hsivonen> Julian: what other use cases are there?
  120. # [16:16] <hsivonen> (for those particular keywords)
  121. # [16:17] <Julian> index and contents should be used in epub for instance
  122. # [16:17] <hsivonen> Julian: are they supported by epub readers?
  123. # [16:17] <Julian> the kindle HTML conversion for instance special-cases "#toc" instead of using the link relation as it should
  124. # [16:18] <Julian> dunno
  125. # [16:19] <Julian> I see no point in emitting warnings for things that are welldefined, have some tool support, and aren't harmful
  126. # [16:19] <Julian> the spec doesn't define "valid" but "you will get a warning"
  127. # [16:19] <hsivonen> Julian: they are harmful in the sense that they waste Web author time when included in newly-authored pages
  128. # [16:19] <hsivonen> Julian: they aren't harmful in the sense that they aren't actively evil
  129. # [16:20] <Julian> how do you know that the author hasn't got a use for them?
  130. # [16:20] <Julian> there are many stuoid things you can do in HTML and wfor which you don't get warnings
  131. # [16:20] <hsivonen> Julian: they don't have an observable effect
  132. # [16:20] <Julian> they may have an observale effect in tools you don't know
  133. # [16:21] <Julian> anyway
  134. # [16:22] <Julian> was the point of delegating not to let the MF community dsicuss/approve/reject?
  135. # [16:22] <hsivonen> Julian: so if I made those be reported as valid, how would you recommend I prevent Hixie from shifting the spec underneath me?
  136. # [16:23] <hsivonen> Julian: yes, but those aren't discussed by the microformats community. They are grandfathered from the microformat POV, because they are in a W3C REC
  137. # [16:23] <Julian> let him do so, and I'llask for a revert
  138. # [16:23] <hsivonen> even though the REC is not worthy of being a REC
  139. # [16:23] <Julian> I thought the process was to add them as "proposed", at which point they are considered valid
  140. # [16:24] <Julian> until backed out?
  141. # [16:24] <hsivonen> or until the process is changed if the process leads to unintended outcomes
  142. # [16:24] <Julian> if the MF community rejects link relations because of where they come from then we need a different place for the registry
  143. # [16:25] <Julian> "unintended" by whom? :-)
  144. # [16:25] <hsivonen> Julian: by Hixie
  145. # [16:25] * Quits: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180) (Quit: davidb)
  146. # [16:25] <Julian> should I repeat the quote from the WG decision?
  147. # [16:26] <hsivonen> Julian: no, the problem is that the MF community considers keywords from a 1990s REC presumptively accepted
  148. # [16:26] * Joins: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180)
  149. # [16:27] <hsivonen> Julian: but yeah, it would also be silly to just wait for all of those keywords to become registered one by one
  150. # [16:27] <hsivonen> that would just waste people's time
  151. # [16:28] * Quits: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6) (Quit: mjs)
  152. # [16:28] <Julian> re "copyright" vs "license": http://code.google.com/webstats/2005-12/linkrels.html doesn't list either
  153. # [16:28] <pimpbot> Title: Google Code: Web Authoring Statistics: Link Relationships (at code.google.com)
  154. # [16:28] <Julian> Philip: remind me, you have stats, right?
  155. # [16:29] <Julian> Henri, I have no problem with some of them not being registered if nobody cares about them
  156. # [16:29] <hsivonen> Julian: which one do you care about?
  157. # [16:29] <hsivonen> *ones
  158. # [16:30] <Julian> those for which I get warnings :-)
  159. # [16:31] <Julian> let's see
  160. # [16:31] <hsivonen> you mean errors? :-)
  161. # [16:31] <Julian> y
  162. # [16:32] <Julian> Copyright, Index, Chapter, Appendix (of the HTNL4 ones)
  163. # [16:33] <Julian> plus some DC stuff, but let's get to that at a later point of time; it has the prefixing problem (surprise: I agree it's a problem inside @rel)
  164. # [16:33] <Philip> Julian: I have stats in general
  165. # [16:33] <Philip> Julian: I may or may not depending on what you specifically want :-)
  166. # [16:34] <Julian> maybe validator.nu should obtain stats...
  167. # [16:34] <Julian> link relations
  168. # [16:34] <Philip> http://philip.html5.org/data/link-rel-rev.txt
  169. # [16:34] <Philip> http://philip.html5.org/data/rel-rev-200904.txt
  170. # [16:35] <Julian> thx
  171. # [16:36] <Julian> so given these stats why is "license" valid but "copyright" is not???
  172. # [16:36] <hsivonen> Julian: license is endorsed by microformats
  173. # [16:36] <hsivonen> I don't know why they minted a new keyword
  174. # [16:37] <Julian> "not invented here"?
  175. # [16:37] * Philip notes that the stats could be skewed by a single site with many pages in the sample (e.g. Wikipedia)
  176. # [16:37] <hsivonen> anyway, debating this is kinda silly. I'll make the HTML 4 keywords valid and see what Hixie does
  177. # [16:37] <Julian> understood
  178. # [16:37] <Julian> +1
  179. # [16:39] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13029] HTML 5 vai me complicar bem a vida agora... + vamos lá neh ! http://www.humorlol.com <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1005.html> ** [Bug 13029] New: HTML 5 vai me complicar bem a vida agora... + vamos lá neh ! http://www.humorlol.com <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1004.html>
  180. # [16:39] <hsivonen> ...except where HTML5 explicitly bans a keyword on either <a> or <link>
  181. # [16:42] * Joins: mjs (mjs@66.109.104.115)
  182. # [16:44] * Quits: ndw (ndw@96.32.124.29) (Ping timeout)
  183. # [16:50] <hsivonen> Julian: btw, while you are here: What's the deal with DC not defining the format for their metadata fields?
  184. # [16:51] <hsivonen> Julian: defining concepts without syntax seems entirely pointless as far as communication and interop goes
  185. # [16:51] <hsivonen> who needs standardized abstract concepts?
  186. # [16:54] <Julian> Henri, i have no idea what they thought
  187. # [16:55] <Julian> some of their material doesn't seem to be written with programmatic consumption in mind
  188. # [16:55] <Julian> doesn't schem.org have a similar problem?
  189. # [16:55] <Julian> the "we'll do our best to extract something" rule?
  190. # [16:56] <hsivonen> Julian: yes, schema.org has the same problem
  191. # [16:57] <hsivonen> Julian: but DC seems to be semi-aware of formats mattering by talking about a scheme attribute
  192. # [16:58] <hsivonen> but allowing (in theory) people to use arbitrary date formats is entire counterproductive compared to requiring a particular one
  193. # [16:58] <Julian> maybe a commitee comromise
  194. # [16:58] <Julian> *p*
  195. # [16:59] <Julian> I use @scheme for dct.issued
  196. # [17:01] <hsivonen> also, given how vague DC is, it seems nuts that dcterms duplicates dc and then adds some instead of just extending dc
  197. # [17:01] <Julian> would be interesting to sestatson @scheme, and whether it's ever used to specify a date foramt otehr than iso8601
  198. # [17:01] <Julian> do you understand the relation between these?
  199. # [17:02] <hsivonen> Julian: between dc.issued and dcterms.issued?
  200. # [17:02] <hsivonen> I don't
  201. # [17:02] <Julian> I think Manu tried to explain it to me once
  202. # [17:02] <Julian> yep
  203. # [17:02] <hsivonen> both are underdefined
  204. # [17:02] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.11.132)
  205. # [17:02] <hsivonen> it seems ridiculous to carefully underdefine another thing in order to avoid changing the previous underdefined thing
  206. # [17:03] <Julian> is there something else that can be used to add a publication date?
  207. # [17:03] <Julian> i do not disagree
  208. # [17:04] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.11.132) (Client exited)
  209. # [17:04] <hsivonen> <time pubdate>
  210. # [17:05] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122)
  211. # [17:05] <hsivonen> Julian: I updated validator.nu
  212. # [17:05] <hsivonen> with new stuff from the meta registry and the HTML4 keywords from the microformats.org "Formats" table
  213. # [17:06] <Julian> thx -- what about "Index", though?
  214. # [17:07] <hsivonen> Julian: not in that table
  215. # [17:08] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122) (Ping timeout)
  216. # [17:08] <hsivonen> Julian: looks like microformats.org wiki curators put it in the Rejected table due to the HTML WG Decision
  217. # [17:08] <Julian> <time pubdate> "The pubdate attribute is a boolean attribute. If specified, it indicates that the date and time given by the element is the publication date and time of the nearest ancestor article element, or, if the element has no ancestor article element, of the document as a whole." that might actually work for me if I switch to HTML5
  218. # [17:09] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13030] New: it looks to me boolean is the right type for the 4th parameter 'replace' in the open operation as open in HTMLDocument. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1006.html>
  219. # [17:09] <Julian> Interesting - so whom would I need to talk to (and where) to change this?
  220. # [17:09] <hsivonen> so now dcterms.modified is the only registered dc thingy that isn't redundant with HTML built-in stuff
  221. # [17:11] <hsivonen> Julian: Tantek
  222. # [17:11] <hsivonen> Julian: public-html I guess
  223. # [17:12] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70)
  224. # [17:12] * Quits: konaya (konaya@81.170.206.42) (Ping timeout)
  225. # [17:13] <CIA-1> validator: Henri Sivonen <hsivonen@iki.fi> * eebc5fbffddc r654 syntax/relaxng/datatype/java/src/org/whattf/datatype/ (LinkRel.java ARel.java MetaName.java): Update meta and rel registry data.
  226. # [17:16] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22) (Ping timeout)
  227. # [17:24] <Julian> Henri: sent mail
  228. # [17:28] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70) (Ping timeout)
  229. # [17:28] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70)
  230. # [17:30] <mjs> MikeSmith: are you around?
  231. # [17:31] <MikeSmith> yeah, though chairing the a11y TF call right now
  232. # [17:31] <mjs> oh, ok
  233. # [17:31] <mjs> I have a request for you but it can wait
  234. # [17:34] <MikeSmith> ok
  235. # [17:40] * Quits: mjs (mjs@66.109.104.115) (Quit: mjs)
  236. # [17:48] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.18.159)
  237. # [17:53] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70) (Ping timeout)
  238. # [17:55] * Joins: rubys (rubys@98.27.48.117)
  239. # [17:57] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122)
  240. # [18:00] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122) (Ping timeout)
  241. # [18:01] * Joins: paulc (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  242. # [18:01] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70)
  243. # [18:01] <mjs> MikeSmith: my request is to create the PriorityRequest keyword in w3c bugzilla
  244. # [18:01] <MikeSmith> OK
  245. # [18:01] <MikeSmith> I will do that as soon as I'm off the call
  246. # [18:01] <mjs> ok
  247. # [18:01] <paulc> trackbot, start meeting
  248. # [18:01] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference
  249. # [18:01] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
  250. # [18:01] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
  251. # [18:01] * Joins: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  252. # [18:01] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be html_wg
  253. # [18:01] <mjs> html wg call starts in 3 minutes so I hope it's over soon :-)
  254. # [18:01] <Zakim> ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
  255. # [18:01] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
  256. # [18:01] <trackbot> Date: 23 June 2011
  257. # [18:02] <Zakim> +hober
  258. # [18:03] * Joins: MarkF (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  259. # [18:03] <paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2011AprJun/0023.html
  260. # [18:03] <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2011-06-23 TF Reports, Tracker requests, from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-22 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from April to June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  261. # [18:03] <paulc> scribenick: paulc
  262. # [18:03] * Quits: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65) (Client exited)
  263. # [18:03] * Joins: krisk (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  264. # [18:03] <Zakim> +Radhika_Roy
  265. # [18:03] * Joins: adrianba (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  266. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Apple]
  267. # [18:04] <mjs> Zakim, [Apple] has me
  268. # [18:04] <Zakim> +mjs; got it
  269. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Microsoft]
  270. # [18:04] * Joins: dpenkler (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  271. # [18:04] <paulc> zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
  272. # [18:04] <Zakim> +paulc; got it
  273. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Microsoft.a]
  274. # [18:05] <krisk> Zakim, Microsoft.a is krisk
  275. # [18:05] <Zakim> +krisk; got it
  276. # [18:05] <Zakim> +[Microsoft.a]
  277. # [18:06] * Joins: Kimberly (Kimberly@68.63.100.78)
  278. # [18:06] <paulc> Chair: mjs
  279. # [18:06] <Zakim> +Sam
  280. # [18:07] <Zakim> +[HP]
  281. # [18:07] <paulc> Topic: ACTION items due by Thursday, June 23
  282. # [18:07] <adrianba> Present+ adrianba
  283. # [18:07] <dpenkler> zakim, hp has me
  284. # [18:07] <Zakim> +dpenkler; got it
  285. # [18:07] <paulc> None.
  286. # [18:07] <pimpbot> planet: Pippa: School of Webcraft Update 23/06/2011 <http://learninglearning.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/school-of-webcraft-update-23062011/>
  287. # [18:07] <paulc> Topic: New issues this week
  288. # [18:07] <Zakim> +Julian_Reschke
  289. # [18:07] <paulc> No new issues but there are 3 incomplete tracker requests.
  290. # [18:08] <paulc> Chairs are looking for text and titles for each of these requests.
  291. # [18:08] <paulc> Challenging to do without appropriate material.
  292. # [18:08] <mjs> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12390
  293. # [18:08] <pimpbot> 12390: jrossi, P1, RESOLVED WONTFIX, A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type
  294. # [18:08] <paulc> One is still deficient but 2 have the necessary material.
  295. # [18:08] <MikeSmith> Zakim, call Mike
  296. # [18:08] <Zakim> ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
  297. # [18:08] <Zakim> +Mike
  298. # [18:09] <paulc> Chairs will strip the TrackerRequest if the material is not provided for bug 12390 by midnight Fri Boston time.
  299. # [18:09] <pimpbot> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=12390 jrossi, P1, RESOLVED WONTFIX, A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type
  300. # [18:09] <paulc> Questions?
  301. # [18:09] <paulc> None
  302. # [18:09] <paulc> Topic: items closed last week
  303. # [18:09] <Zakim> + +1.408.974.aaaa
  304. # [18:09] <Zakim> -hober
  305. # [18:09] <paulc> The CfC for the web authors publications closed last week.
  306. # [18:09] <hober> Zakim, Apple has me
  307. # [18:09] <Zakim> +hober; got it
  308. # [18:10] <paulc> There was a lot of discussions and objections to both normativity and non-normativity and what the Status section should say.
  309. # [18:11] <mjs> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0287.html
  310. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: Re: CfC: Publish HTML5 Edition for Web Authors as First Public Working Draft from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-22 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  311. # [18:11] * MikeSmith mjs, I just now added the PriorityRequest keyword - http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describekeywords.cgi
  312. # [18:12] <paulc> The Chairs declare that the WG has selected the text for the Status section since no one objected to this text.
  313. # [18:12] <paulc> In addition Mike Smith has also agreed to conver the document to W3C WGD form before publication.
  314. # [18:12] <paulc> Topic: items closing this week
  315. # [18:13] <paulc> issue-30?
  316. # [18:13] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-30
  317. # [18:13] <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open
  318. # [18:13] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30
  319. # [18:13] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30: Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  320. # [18:13] <paulc> This call closes on Sat Jun 25.
  321. # [18:13] <paulc> Jonas agree to draft a counter proposal that has not yet appeared.
  322. # [18:13] <paulc> ISSUE-133?
  323. # [18:13] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-133
  324. # [18:13] <trackbot> ISSUE-133 -- Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) -- open
  325. # [18:13] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/133
  326. # [18:13] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-133: Add a modal attribute to html5 to indicate a modal segment of the DOM (modal dialog) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  327. # [18:14] <paulc> This call closes on Sat Jun 25.
  328. # [18:14] <MikeSmith> Zakim, who's noisy?
  329. # [18:14] <Julian> Zakim, who's making noise?
  330. # [18:14] <Zakim> MikeSmith, listening for 12 seconds I could not identify any sounds
  331. # [18:14] <Zakim> Julian, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Apple] (75%), [Microsoft] (57%), krisk (4%)
  332. # [18:15] <paulc> We are looking for counter proposals. Ted O'Connor did volunteer and asked for an extension. Chairs will decide soon on this extension request.
  333. # [18:15] <paulc> ISSUE-153?
  334. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-153
  335. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-153 -- link type "external" either not useful or underspecified -- raised
  336. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/153
  337. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-153: link type "external" either not useful or underspecified - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  338. # [18:15] <Julian> q+
  339. # [18:15] * Zakim sees Julian on the speaker queue
  340. # [18:15] <paulc> This call closes on Sat Jun 25.
  341. # [18:16] <Julian> q-
  342. # [18:16] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  343. # [18:16] <paulc> Julian has recently sent in a change proposal for issue-153.
  344. # [18:16] <paulc> ISSUE-154?
  345. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-154
  346. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-154 -- "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation -- raised
  347. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/154
  348. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-154: "sidebar" might not be a proper use of a link relation - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  349. # [18:16] <paulc> The call closes on Sat Jun 25.
  350. # [18:16] <paulc> Julian also volunteered for this item.
  351. # [18:16] <Julian> ...will produce a proposal soonish :-)
  352. # [18:17] <paulc> Ted volunteered to contact Jonas about the proposal for ISSUE-30.
  353. # [18:17] <paulc> Topic: items closing next week
  354. # [18:18] <paulc> there are 4 items closing next week
  355. # [18:18] <paulc> ISSUE-134?
  356. # [18:18] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-134
  357. # [18:18] <trackbot> ISSUE-134 -- Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively -- open
  358. # [18:18] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/134
  359. # [18:18] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-134: Provide tablist and tab states for menu and command elements respectively - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  360. # [18:18] <paulc> This call closes Jul 1 and is for counter-proposals.
  361. # [18:18] <paulc> None have been submitted and there are no volunteers.
  362. # [18:18] <paulc> ISSUE-150?
  363. # [18:18] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-150
  364. # [18:18] <trackbot> ISSUE-150 -- consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points -- open
  365. # [18:18] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/150
  366. # [18:18] <rubys> q+ to talk (briefly) about issue-133
  367. # [18:18] * Zakim sees rubys on the speaker queue
  368. # [18:18] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-150: consider reducing verbosity when talking about code points - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  369. # [18:19] <paulc> This call for counter proposals closes on Jul 1 and so far there are no volunteers.
  370. # [18:19] <paulc> ISSUE-163?
  371. # [18:19] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-163
  372. # [18:19] <trackbot> ISSUE-163 -- Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements -- raised
  373. # [18:19] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/163
  374. # [18:19] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-163: Need a means for navigating between related timed tracks of media elements - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  375. # [18:19] <paulc> This is a call for change proposal which closes Jul 1. No volunteers yet.
  376. # [18:19] <paulc> ISSUE-164?
  377. # [18:19] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-164
  378. # [18:19] <trackbot> ISSUE-164 -- remove or modify hgroup -- raised
  379. # [18:19] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/164
  380. # [18:19] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-164: remove or modify hgroup - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  381. # [18:19] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0303.html
  382. # [18:19] <pimpbot> Title: Re: ISSUE-133 modal-attribute - Chairs Solicit Alternate Proposals or Counter-Proposals from E.J. Zufelt on 2011-06-23 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  383. # [18:19] <mjs> ack rubys
  384. # [18:19] <Zakim> rubys, you wanted to talk (briefly) about issue-133
  385. # [18:19] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  386. # [18:20] <paulc> This call for change proposals closes Jul 1. No volunteer yet.
  387. # [18:20] <paulc> Topic: new calls this week
  388. # [18:20] <paulc> None
  389. # [18:20] <paulc> Topic: New surveys this week
  390. # [18:20] <paulc> None
  391. # [18:21] <paulc> topic: Decisions this week
  392. # [18:21] <paulc> none
  393. # [18:21] * Joins: eliot (IceChat77@131.107.0.98)
  394. # [18:21] <paulc> Topic: Testing Task Force report
  395. # [18:21] <krisk> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jun/0019.html
  396. # [18:21] <pimpbot> Title: RE: HTML Testing Task Force Conf Call Agenda 6/14/2011 from Kris Krueger on 2011-06-23 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  397. # [18:22] <paulc> 2 bugs were opened on existing tests but no consensus on these
  398. # [18:22] <paulc> WG members should look a test repository since new tests have been submitted
  399. # [18:22] <krisk> see -> http://dvcs.w3.org/hg/html
  400. # [18:22] <pimpbot> Title: html: Summary (at dvcs.w3.org)
  401. # [18:23] <paulc> kk: has asked a question about the dat format used in the HTML5 parser tests
  402. # [18:23] <krisk> Here is the post on the list http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-testsuite/2011Jun/0018.html
  403. # [18:23] <pimpbot> Title: RE: html5lib tests from Kris Krueger on 2011-06-23 (public-html-testsuite@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  404. # [18:23] <paulc> This is on the testing TF email list and is awaiting a response from the Team
  405. # [18:23] <paulc> No meeting next week and the TF will meet next on Jul 12
  406. # [18:23] <paulc> end of report
  407. # [18:24] <paulc> Topic: A11T task force report
  408. # [18:24] <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-html-a11y-minutes.html
  409. # [18:24] <paulc> s/A11T/A11Y/
  410. # [18:24] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -- 16 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  411. # [18:24] <paulc> TF spent most of their time on figcaption being allowed in the spec as an alternative to an alt attribute on an image
  412. # [18:25] <paulc> Discussion touched on that figcaptions are often longer than alt values and this might cause screen readers to read out a lot more text than usual
  413. # [18:26] <paulc> Discussion went in the direction of checking the length of the figcaption text causing a possible warning.
  414. # [18:26] <MikeSmith> http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-a11y-minutes.html
  415. # [18:26] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference -- 23 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  416. # [18:26] <paulc> TF members are reviewing specific parts of the HTML5 spec.
  417. # [18:27] <paulc> Today on the call (see minutes) the TF discussed some candidate LC comments.
  418. # [18:27] <paulc> Also there are several subteams ie media, text alternatives and the TF discussed reports from these sub-tems.
  419. # [18:27] <paulc> s/tems/teams/
  420. # [18:29] <paulc> the TF continues to work on canvas issues especially around hit testing.
  421. # [18:29] <paulc> Looking for implementor feedback but so far not enough data.
  422. # [18:29] <paulc> end of report
  423. # [18:30] <paulc> Topic: New editorial assistants
  424. # [18:30] <paulc> Chairs posted a request for volunteers for editorial assistants largely for the main HTML5 spec.
  425. # [18:31] <paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0218.html
  426. # [18:31] <pimpbot> Title: Editorial Assistants from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-16 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  427. # [18:32] <paulc> We have four volunteers and the Chairs are hoping that this will help process LC comments and to set priority on bugs.
  428. # [18:32] <paulc> Topic: Revised Last Call schedule
  429. # [18:33] <paulc> See http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Jun/0315.html
  430. # [18:33] <pimpbot> Title: Revised Timeline and New Bug Priority Policy from Maciej Stachowiak on 2011-06-23 (public-html@w3.org from June 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  431. # [18:33] <paulc> This email changes the schedule dates and new bug priority bugs.
  432. # [18:33] <paulc> P1 bugs will imply 30 day turnaround.
  433. # [18:34] <paulc> You can request a priority of P1 by adding the new PriorityRequest keyword to a bug.
  434. # [18:34] <paulc> Topic: Decision Policy update
  435. # [18:34] <paulc> The Chairs have been resolving DP bugs and the Chairs expect to post a revised DP for the WG review on Jun 27.
  436. # [18:35] <mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html
  437. # [18:35] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)
  438. # [18:35] * MikeSmith notes http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/describekeywords.cgi#PriorityRequest keyword is live now and available for immediate use
  439. # [18:35] <pimpbot> Title: Bugzilla Keyword Descriptions (at www.w3.org)
  440. # [18:35] <paulc> The Decison Policy V2 document is available today and reflects many bug fixes to the DP.
  441. # [18:35] * rubys thanks MikeSmith
  442. # [18:35] <paulc> Questions?
  443. # [18:35] <paulc> None
  444. # [18:36] <Julian> q+ revert requests?
  445. # [18:36] * Zakim sees revert, requests? on the speaker queue
  446. # [18:36] <paulc> Any other business?
  447. # [18:36] <paulc> Julian: what is the status of the 2 outstanding revert requests which were mentioned last week?
  448. # [18:37] <paulc> The revert requestions are in Bugzilla.
  449. # [18:37] <paulc> mjs: A WG member should post the revert request to the public-html@w3.org email list.
  450. # [18:38] <paulc> Julian: I believe I asked for the cross-origin change to be reverted on the mailing list in late May.
  451. # [18:38] * Joins: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65)
  452. # [18:38] <mjs> http://dev.w3.org/html5/decision-policy/decision-policy-v2.html#enhanced-cc
  453. # [18:38] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Working Group Decision Policy (at dev.w3.org)
  454. # [18:38] <paulc> q+
  455. # [18:38] * Zakim sees revert, requests?, paulc on the speaker queue
  456. # [18:38] <paulc> ack revert
  457. # [18:38] * Zakim sees requests?, paulc on the speaker queue
  458. # [18:38] <paulc> ack requests
  459. # [18:38] * Zakim sees paulc on the speaker queue
  460. # [18:39] <pimpbot> changes: sam: Record change proposal for issue 153 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jun/0126.html>
  461. # [18:39] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12390] A sandboxed MIME type attribute would be better than a fully qualified MIME type <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1007.html>
  462. # [18:39] <paulc> Julian: The W3C process says you cannot add new features.
  463. # [18:40] <paulc> mjs: That is not true. Substantive changes must be documented and the Chairs have asked for prior notice of such changes.
  464. # [18:41] <paulc> Julian: Are we clear that if we add new features that there will be another LC
  465. # [18:41] <rubys> I don't see cross-origin (or even "origin") in last week's minutes: http://www.w3.org/2011/06/16-html-wg-minutes.html
  466. # [18:41] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 16 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  467. # [18:41] <paulc> mjs: Suggest WG members read the Process Document definition of "substantive changes".
  468. # [18:42] <MikeSmith> the W3C Process document does prohibit substantive changes being made during LC
  469. # [18:42] <MikeSmith> s/does prohibit/does *not* prohibit/
  470. # [18:42] <MikeSmith> RRSAgent, make minutes
  471. # [18:42] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
  472. # [18:43] <MikeSmith> RRSAgent, make logs public
  473. # [18:43] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, MikeSmith
  474. # [18:43] <paulc> Julian: IETF members are having trouble understanding the meaning of Last Call for the HTML5 specification. What document should I review?
  475. # [18:43] * Quits: dpenkler (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Ping timeout)
  476. # [18:44] <paulc> mjs: Reviewing either the Editors draft or the static LC document are both fine.
  477. # [18:45] <paulc> mjs: We also have the complication of changes being made without there being an associated W3C bug and the Chairs are working on this problem.
  478. # [18:45] <MikeSmith> the LCWD is a stable, unchanging document, and the IETF reviewers and anybody else is welcome to use that as the basis for their review -- we have not made any changes do that draft and will now
  479. # [18:45] <MikeSmith> s/will now/will not/
  480. # [18:45] <MikeSmith> I don't see this as being confusing at all
  481. # [18:45] <MikeSmith> RRSAgent, make minutes
  482. # [18:45] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
  483. # [18:45] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 23 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  484. # [18:45] <paulc> Julian: Do we draw a line between fixing existing features and adding new features?
  485. # [18:46] * rubys notes that it is very noisy
  486. # [18:46] <paulc> mjs: Eventually we will have to lock down with no new features otherwise we would have an infinite number of LCs.
  487. # [18:48] <paulc> Any other comments on LC or other topics?
  488. # [18:48] <paulc> None
  489. # [18:48] <Zakim> -Radhika_Roy
  490. # [18:49] <Zakim> -Julian_Reschke
  491. # [18:49] <Zakim> -kimberlyblessing
  492. # [18:49] <Zakim> - +1.408.974.aaaa
  493. # [18:49] <Zakim> -[HP]
  494. # [18:49] <paulc> Topic: Chair and scribe for next week
  495. # [18:49] <Zakim> -[Apple]
  496. # [18:49] <Zakim> -Mike
  497. # [18:49] <paulc> Not discussed.
  498. # [18:49] <Zakim> -[Microsoft.a]
  499. # [18:49] <paulc> Topic: Adjournment.
  500. # [18:49] * Quits: Kimberly (Kimberly@68.63.100.78) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.87 [Firefox 5.0/20110615151330])
  501. # [18:49] * Quits: MarkF (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  502. # [18:49] <paulc> The meeting adjourned at :45mins after the hour.
  503. # [18:49] * Quits: adrianba (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  504. # [18:49] <paulc> rrsagent, make minutes
  505. # [18:49] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/06/23-html-wg-minutes.html paulc
  506. # [18:49] <Zakim> -krisk
  507. # [18:49] <pimpbot> Title: HTML Weekly Teleconference -- 23 Jun 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  508. # [18:49] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
  509. # [18:50] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@71.21.195.70) (Quit: disconnected: Jace Voracek - Jace@Jace-Place.com)
  510. # [18:50] * Quits: eliot (IceChat77@131.107.0.98) (Quit: Pull the pin and count to what?)
  511. # [18:51] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.136.201) (Ping timeout)
  512. # [18:51] * Quits: krisk (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  513. # [18:55] * Quits: paulc (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  514. # [18:57] * Joins: MikeSmith (mikesmith@111.188.136.201)
  515. # [18:58] <Zakim> -Sam
  516. # [18:58] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
  517. # [18:58] <Zakim> Attendees were kimberlyblessing, hober, Radhika_Roy, mjs, paulc, [Microsoft], krisk, Sam, dpenkler, Julian_Reschke, Mike, +1.408.974.aaaa
  518. # [19:07] <pimpbot> planet: Pippa: School of Webcraft Update – Study Groups, Badges and Derbys! Oh My! <http://learninglearning.wordpress.com/2011/06/23/school-of-webcraft-update-23062011/>
  519. # [19:09] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 13019] Organization of the user agent style sheet section makes it near-impossible to see whether it's correct" (3 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1016.html> ** [Bug 12908] How come we leave the first 128 characters and then divide the string into three equal parts? Last time I checked, 128 % 3 == 2. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1013.html>
  520. # [19:11] * Parts: rubys (rubys@98.27.48.117)
  521. # [19:40] * Joins: MikeSmith_ (mikesmith@1.112.58.225)
  522. # [19:42] * Quits: MikeSmith (mikesmith@111.188.136.201) (Ping timeout)
  523. # [19:42] * MikeSmith_ is now known as MikeSmith
  524. # [19:43] * Joins: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29)
  525. # [19:59] * Quits: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29) (Client exited)
  526. # [19:59] * Joins: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29)
  527. # [20:10] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13031] New: remove the pingback link relation <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1017.html>
  528. # [20:15] * Joins: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.74)
  529. # [20:16] * Quits: arronei_ (arronei@131.107.0.73) (Ping timeout)
  530. # [20:17] * Joins: konaya (konaya@83.251.16.72)
  531. # [20:19] * Quits: Martijnc (Martijnc@84.192.44.100) (Quit: Martijnc)
  532. # [20:28] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122)
  533. # [20:35] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@173.74.234.122) (Ping timeout)
  534. # [20:37] * Joins: dveditz (dveditz@74.220.67.223)
  535. # [20:40] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13033] New: Remove obsolete references to pre-LC and pre-Last Call <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1019.html> ** [Bug 13032] New: "allow-plugins" option for iframe sandbox attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1018.html>
  536. # [20:57] * Quits: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65) (Client exited)
  537. # [20:58] * Joins: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65)
  538. # [21:05] * Zakim excuses himself; his presence no longer seems to be needed
  539. # [21:06] * Parts: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  540. # [21:08] <pimpbot> planet: François Daoust: What's in the pipe for Web and TV? <http://www.w3.org/QA/2011/06/whats_in_the_pipe_for_web_and.html> ** Julie: Mozilla - WSOH (World Series of Hack) <http://jgoulie.blogspot.com/2011/06/mozilla-wsoh-world-series-of-hack.html>
  541. # [21:10] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 13031] remove the pingback link relation" (2 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1024.html> ** [Bug 12224] Drop rel=pingback. The Pingback spec seems dead and unused, and redundant with the Referer header. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1022.html> ** [Bug 13031] remove the pingback link relation <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-htm
  542. # [21:22] * Joins: MikeSmith_ (MikeSmith@1.112.58.225)
  543. # [21:40] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13034] Consider [TreatNullAs=EmptyString] for some reflected attributes <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1026.html> ** [Bug 13034] New: Consider [TreatNullAs=EmptyString] for some reflected attributes <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1025.html>
  544. # [21:51] * Quits: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180) (Ping timeout)
  545. # [21:52] * Joins: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180)
  546. # [21:53] * Joins: heycam (cam@203.98.73.35)
  547. # [22:08] <pimpbot> planet: ieblog: Internet Explorer 9 Security Part 4: Protecting Consumers from Malicious Mixed Content <http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2011/06/23/internet-explorer-9-security-part-4-protecting-consumers-from-malicious-mixed-content.aspx> ** ercimomweb: Supporting commercial service provider requirements in HTML <http://openmediaweb.eu/2011/06/23/supporting-commercial-service-provider-requirements-in-html/>
  548. # [22:10] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 13034] Consider [TreatNullAs=EmptyString] for some reflected attributes" (2 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1027.html>
  549. # [22:33] * Quits: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180) (Quit: davidb)
  550. # [22:40] <pimpbot> changes: sam: Fix short name for issue 166 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jun/0129.html> ** sam: Record issue 166 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jun/0128.html> ** sam: Record change proposal for issue 154 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Jun/0127.html>
  551. # [22:40] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 13032] "allow-plugins" option for iframe sandbox attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1028.html>
  552. # [22:53] * Quits: MikeSmith (mikesmith@1.112.58.225) (Ping timeout)
  553. # [22:54] * Quits: MikeSmith_ (MikeSmith@1.112.58.225) (Ping timeout)
  554. # [23:03] * Quits: pdr (pdr@72.14.229.65) (Client exited)
  555. # [23:10] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 13032] "allow-plugins" option for iframe sandbox attribute" (2 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1029.html>
  556. # [23:16] * Quits: konaya (konaya@83.251.16.72) (Ping timeout)
  557. # [23:32] * Quits: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.74) (Quit: arronei)
  558. # [23:37] * Joins: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.87)
  559. # [23:39] <pimpbot> planet: Atul: The Challenges of Developing Offline Web Apps <http://www.toolness.com/wp/2011/06/the-challenges-of-developing-offline-web-apps/>
  560. # [23:39] * Quits: Norm (ndw@96.32.124.29) (Quit: Leaving...)
  561. # [23:41] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12952] remove typemustmatch <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Jun/1030.html>
  562. # Session Close: Fri Jun 24 00:00:00 2011

The end :)