/irc-logs / w3c / #html-wg / 2010-04-01 / end

Options:

  1. # Session Start: Thu Apr 01 00:00:00 2010
  2. # Session Ident: #html-wg
  3. # [00:30] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.64) (Quit: mjs)
  4. # [00:38] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.64)
  5. # [00:58] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  6. # [01:05] * Quits: tH (Rob@87.102.14.123) (Ping timeout)
  7. # [01:05] * Joins: tH (Rob@87.102.4.170)
  8. # [01:07] * Quits: plh-dinner (plh@128.30.52.28) (Ping timeout)
  9. # [01:08] * Quits: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15) (Connection reset by peer)
  10. # [01:11] * Joins: plh-dinner (plh@128.30.52.28)
  11. # [01:13] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_away
  12. # [01:36] * Quits: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.85) (Ping timeout)
  13. # [01:43] * Joins: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.102)
  14. # [01:44] * Quits: dsinger (dsinger@17.244.1.88) (Quit: dsinger)
  15. # [01:50] * nunnun_away is now known as nunnun
  16. # [01:55] * Quits: anne (annevk@17.244.2.72) (Ping timeout)
  17. # [02:04] * plh-dinner is now known as plh-home
  18. # [02:05] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_away
  19. # [02:27] * Joins: anne (annevk@76.253.3.102)
  20. # [03:05] * nunnun_away is now known as nunnun
  21. # [03:13] * Joins: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58)
  22. # [04:05] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_away
  23. # [04:16] * nunnun_away is now known as nunnun
  24. # [04:16] * Quits: plh-home (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  25. # [04:23] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.234)
  26. # [04:59] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.64) (Quit: mjs)
  27. # [05:05] * Quits: phenny (phenny@80.68.92.65) (Client exited)
  28. # [05:06] * Quits: thugbot (PircBot@80.68.92.65) (Client exited)
  29. # [05:36] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.74.20)
  30. # [05:36] * Quits: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@114.48.10.253) (Ping timeout)
  31. # [05:44] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246)
  32. # [05:56] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.234) (Client exited)
  33. # [06:03] * Joins: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237)
  34. # [06:11] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.234)
  35. # [06:28] * Quits: Yudai (Yudai@61.120.190.89) (Ping timeout)
  36. # [07:11] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.234) (Client exited)
  37. # [07:23] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_away
  38. # [07:43] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.74.20) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  39. # [07:47] * Quits: gavin_ (gavin@99.226.207.11) (Ping timeout)
  40. # [07:54] * Joins: gavin_ (gavin@99.226.207.11)
  41. # [08:04] * nunnun_away is now known as nunnun
  42. # [08:06] * Quits: anne (annevk@76.253.3.102) (Ping timeout)
  43. # [08:10] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246) (Quit: Leaving)
  44. # [08:11] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@208.100.23.169)
  45. # [08:14] * Joins: Lachy_ (Lachlan@85.196.122.246)
  46. # [08:16] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@208.100.23.169) (Ping timeout)
  47. # [08:17] * Quits: Lachy_ (Lachlan@85.196.122.246) (Quit: Leaving)
  48. # [08:23] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246)
  49. # [08:30] * Quits: Sirisian (Sirisian@141.218.227.124) (Ping timeout)
  50. # [09:45] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.74.20)
  51. # [10:23] * Joins: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169)
  52. # [10:31] * Joins: ROBOd (robod@89.122.216.38)
  53. # [10:49] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_awa_
  54. # [10:49] * nunnun_awa_ is now known as nunnun
  55. # [10:54] * Parts: nunnun (hiro@210.196.145.36)
  56. # [11:17] * Joins: nunnun (hiro@210.196.145.36)
  57. # [11:22] * nunnun is now known as nunnun_away
  58. # [11:26] * nunnun_away is now known as nunnun
  59. # [11:27] * Parts: nunnun (hiro@210.196.145.36)
  60. # [11:30] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  61. # [11:34] * Joins: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@111.188.6.248)
  62. # [11:37] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.74.20) (Ping timeout)
  63. # [11:38] * Joins: hiro (hiro@210.196.145.36)
  64. # [11:39] * Parts: hiro (hiro@210.196.145.36)
  65. # [11:42] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246) (Quit: Leaving)
  66. # [12:05] * Joins: Yudai (Yudai@218.110.175.226)
  67. # [12:10] * Joins: pimpbot (pimpbot@80.68.92.65)
  68. # [12:10] * Quits: Yudai (Yudai@218.110.175.226) (Ping timeout)
  69. # [12:10] * Quits: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@111.188.6.248) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  70. # [12:11] * tlr is now known as tlr-bbl
  71. # [12:11] * Quits: tlr-bbl (tlr@128.30.52.169) (Quit: tlr-bbl)
  72. # [12:15] * Joins: Yudai (Yudai@218.110.175.226)
  73. # [12:41] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9071] Handling of "[" in between-doctype-public-and-system-identifiers-state may not be ideal <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0040.html> ** [Bug 9221] still unclear definition of "plugin" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0039.html>
  74. # [12:50] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@85.196.122.246)
  75. # [13:41] <pimpbot> planet: Open Web Video Puzzle <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ajaxian/~3/Tie9NRx8e4A/open-web-video-puzzle>
  76. # [13:53] * Joins: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169)
  77. # [14:15] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  78. # [15:30] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163)
  79. # [15:36] * Joins: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15)
  80. # [15:42] <pimpbot> planet: Where can i find good documentations about HTML5 <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2560375/where-can-i-find-good-documentations-about-html5> ** Is there a redraw-event for HTML5's canvas element? <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2560315/is-there-a-redraw-event-for-html5s-canvas-element>
  81. # [15:53] * Quits: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169) (Quit: tlr)
  82. # [16:00] * Quits: drry (drry@59.156.39.96) (Quit: Tiarra 0.1+svn-36999M: SIGTERM received; exit)
  83. # [16:02] * Joins: drry (drry@59.156.39.96)
  84. # [16:04] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  85. # [16:34] * Joins: anne (annevk@76.253.3.102)
  86. # [16:44] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.233.143)
  87. # [17:05] * Quits: anne (annevk@76.253.3.102) (Ping timeout)
  88. # [17:10] * Joins: kliehm (kliehm@80.146.185.162)
  89. # [17:12] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9375] progress uses ProgressEvent <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0041.html>
  90. # [17:16] * Joins: rubys (rubys@98.27.59.221)
  91. # [17:33] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.233.143) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  92. # [17:34] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.233.143)
  93. # [17:42] * Joins: hiro (hiro@128.30.52.28)
  94. # [17:42] * Quits: hiro (hiro@128.30.52.28) (Client exited)
  95. # [17:42] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9224] It should be mentioned that setting playbackRate can be ignored. I.e. if playing backwards is not supported by the codec, if hardware acceleration does not support it, etc. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0042.html>
  96. # [17:42] <pimpbot> planet: Unmuting the web with Google Chrome <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/blogspot/Egta/~3/u7DcpcZwuUI/unmuting-web-with-google-chrome.html>
  97. # [17:43] * Joins: hiro (hiro@128.30.52.28)
  98. # [17:45] * Parts: hiro (hiro@128.30.52.28)
  99. # [17:51] * Joins: cgi-irc (c080a744@128.30.52.43)
  100. # [17:52] * Quits: cgi-irc (c080a744@128.30.52.43) (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
  101. # [17:52] * Joins: Mark (c0808644@128.30.52.43)
  102. # [18:00] * Joins: MichaelC (Michael@128.30.52.30)
  103. # [18:01] * Joins: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.78)
  104. # [18:02] <rubys> trackbot, start meeting
  105. # [18:02] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference
  106. # [18:02] * Joins: RRSAgent (rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169)
  107. # [18:02] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-html-wg-irc
  108. # [18:02] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
  109. # [18:02] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
  110. # [18:02] * Joins: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  111. # [18:02] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be HTML
  112. # [18:02] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
  113. # [18:02] <trackbot> Date: 01 April 2010
  114. # [18:02] * Joins: richardschwerdtfe (RichS@99.39.114.91)
  115. # [18:02] <Zakim> HTML matches both HTML_WG()12:00PM and WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM
  116. # [18:02] <rubys> zakim, this will be HTML_WG
  117. # [18:02] <Zakim> ok, rubys, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
  118. # [18:03] * plh zakim, call plh-work
  119. # [18:03] * Zakim ok, plh; the call is being made
  120. # [18:03] <Zakim> +Plh
  121. # [18:03] <rubys> scribe: rubys
  122. # [18:03] * Joins: paulc (836b0056@128.30.52.43)
  123. # [18:03] <rubys> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JanMar/0033.html
  124. # [18:03] <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status from Paul Cotton on 2010-03-30 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from January to March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  125. # [18:03] <Zakim> +Michael_Cooper
  126. # [18:03] <Zakim> + +1.415.595.aaaa
  127. # [18:03] <Zakim> +[Microsoft]
  128. # [18:04] <Zakim> +Rich
  129. # [18:04] * Quits: kliehm (kliehm@80.146.185.162) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.2/20100316074819])
  130. # [18:04] <mjs> Zakim, +1.415.595.aaaa is me
  131. # [18:04] <Zakim> +mjs; got it
  132. # [18:04] <paulc> zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
  133. # [18:04] <Zakim> +paulc; got it
  134. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Microsoft.a]
  135. # [18:04] <Julian> Zaki, who's on the phone?
  136. # [18:04] <Julian> Zakim, who's on the phone?
  137. # [18:04] <Zakim> On the phone I see Radhika_Roy, Julian, Plh, Michael_Cooper, mjs, [Microsoft], Rich, [Microsoft.a]
  138. # [18:04] <Zakim> [Microsoft] has paulc
  139. # [18:04] <Zakim> +Sam
  140. # [18:04] <adrianba> zakim, [Microsoft.a] has adrianba
  141. # [18:04] <Zakim> +adrianba; got it
  142. # [18:04] <MikeSmith> Zakim, call Mike
  143. # [18:04] <Zakim> ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
  144. # [18:04] <Zakim> +Mike
  145. # [18:04] <MikeSmith> Zakim, mute Mike
  146. # [18:04] <Zakim> Mike should now be muted
  147. # [18:04] <MikeSmith> Zakim, Mike is me
  148. # [18:04] <Zakim> +MikeSmith; got it
  149. # [18:05] <paulc> Is the scribe ready?
  150. # [18:05] <rubys> yes, go for it! :-)
  151. # [18:06] <Julian> was that the markup police?
  152. # [18:06] <paulc> Agenda http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0810.html
  153. # [18:06] <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telcon 2010-04-01: action items, decision policy update, issue status from Paul Cotton on 2010-03-30 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  154. # [18:06] <rubys> topic: 1. Issues Pending Review
  155. # [18:06] <rubys> paulc: none this week
  156. # [18:06] <rubys> topic: 2. ACTION items due by Thu Apr 1
  157. # [18:07] <rubys> paulc: chairs preprocessed the actions, so no are due today.
  158. # [18:07] <adrianba> q+
  159. # [18:07] * Zakim sees adrianba on the speaker queue
  160. # [18:07] <rubys> topic: 3. ACTION items pending review
  161. # [18:07] <rubys> paulc: action item 176 was on Sam, and is done, and the chairs are waiting for a response
  162. # [18:07] * Joins: janina (janina@66.92.170.178)
  163. # [18:07] <mjs> q+
  164. # [18:07] * Zakim sees adrianba, mjs on the speaker queue
  165. # [18:07] <janina> zakim, call janina
  166. # [18:07] <Zakim> ok, janina; the call is being made
  167. # [18:07] <rubys> close action-176
  168. # [18:07] * trackbot attempting to close ACTION-176.
  169. # [18:07] <trackbot> ACTION-176 Respond to the TAG request on polyglot documents closed
  170. # [18:07] <Zakim> +Janina
  171. # [18:07] <mjs> q-
  172. # [18:07] * Zakim sees adrianba on the speaker queue
  173. # [18:07] <rubys> ack next
  174. # [18:07] * Zakim sees adrianba at the head of the speaker queue
  175. # [18:08] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  176. # [18:08] <mjs> q+
  177. # [18:08] * Zakim sees mjs on the speaker queue
  178. # [18:08] <rubys> adrian: I volunteered on list, and maciej has responded. I would like to see if there are others interested in volunteering.
  179. # [18:08] <adrianba> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0015.html
  180. # [18:08] <pimpbot> Title: RE: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec from Adrian Bateman on 2010-04-01 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  181. # [18:08] <adrianba> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Apr/0017.html
  182. # [18:08] <pimpbot> Title: Re: Request for Volunteers: Polyglot spec from Maciej Stachowiak on 2010-04-01 (public-html@w3.org from April 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  183. # [18:09] <rubys> paulc: are you looking for additional help, or determining if you need to coordinate
  184. # [18:10] <mjs> q-
  185. # [18:10] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  186. # [18:10] <rubys> adrian: the latter, if we get multiple volunteers I would rather collaborate up front than merge later
  187. # [18:10] <rubys> topic: 4. WG Decision Policy update (Maciej)
  188. # [18:11] <rubys> mjs: I started on making some updates, starting with simple and relatively uncontroversial items.
  189. # [18:11] * Joins: Laura (lauracarls@131.212.98.217)
  190. # [18:12] <Zakim> +Laura
  191. # [18:12] <rubys> mjs: there are likely bigger changes coming up: watch for more changes, and comments are welcome at any time
  192. # [18:12] <rubys> mjs: any questions?
  193. # [18:13] <rubys> paulc: the chairs will continue to talk about the harder issues, you will continue to edit the document, and when the time comes we will issue a call for consensus.
  194. # [18:13] <rubys> topic: 5. Call For Consensus that close by Apr 1
  195. # [18:13] <rubys> paulc: none close today
  196. # [18:13] <rubys> topic: 6. Call for Proposals/Counter Proposals that close by Thu Apr 1
  197. # [18:13] <rubys> issue-4?
  198. # [18:13] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-4
  199. # [18:13] <trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- OPEN
  200. # [18:13] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4
  201. # [18:13] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  202. # [18:13] <rubys> issue-84?
  203. # [18:13] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-84
  204. # [18:13] <trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- OPEN
  205. # [18:13] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84
  206. # [18:13] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  207. # [18:14] <rubys> paulc: both proposals and counter proposals are in place
  208. # [18:14] <rubys> issue-81?
  209. # [18:14] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-81
  210. # [18:14] <trackbot> ISSUE-81 -- Offline Web Applications section should use the term "representation" instead of "resource" -- OPEN
  211. # [18:14] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/81
  212. # [18:14] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-81 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  213. # [18:15] <rubys> paulc: the TAG is late, and the chairs are negotiating a new date for this item (we are still expecting a proposal)
  214. # [18:15] <Julian> q+ to say that I asked for an extension for -82 and -86
  215. # [18:15] * Zakim sees Julian on the speaker queue
  216. # [18:15] <rubys> issue-82?
  217. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-82
  218. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-82 -- Suggested replacement for head/@profile does not provide for disambiguation -- OPEN
  219. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/82
  220. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-82 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  221. # [18:15] <Julian> q-
  222. # [18:15] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  223. # [18:16] <rubys> paulc: julian has requested a 3 week extension, and the chairs have not formally responded yet; we want to see progress on other issues before we answer
  224. # [18:16] <rubys> issue-86?
  225. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-86
  226. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-86 -- HTML5 relaxes Atom requirement on atom:id stability -- OPEN
  227. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/86
  228. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  229. # [18:16] <rubys> paulc: julian has requested a 2 week extension, and the chairs will likely deal with this by the next chair call
  230. # [18:16] <rubys> issue-89?
  231. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-89
  232. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-89 -- Remove Section 4.12 Common Idioms without dedicated Elements -- OPEN
  233. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/89
  234. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-89 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  235. # [18:16] <rubys> issue-90?
  236. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-90
  237. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-90 -- Tighten the focus and allowable content in the figure element -- OPEN
  238. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/90
  239. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-90 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  240. # [18:16] <rubys> issue-91?
  241. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-91
  242. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-91 -- Re-focus and tighten definition of the aside element -- OPEN
  243. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/91
  244. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-91 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  245. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-92?
  246. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-92
  247. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-92 -- Re-write the Table section to remove extraneous material, and provide cleaner description -- OPEN
  248. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/92
  249. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-92 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  250. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-93?
  251. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-93
  252. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-93 -- Delete Details Element -- OPEN
  253. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/93
  254. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-93 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  255. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-94?
  256. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-94
  257. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-94 -- Split Web Application Core and UA specific elements into separate spec -- OPEN
  258. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/94
  259. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-94 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  260. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-95?
  261. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-95
  262. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- OPEN
  263. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95
  264. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  265. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-96?
  266. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-96
  267. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- OPEN
  268. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96
  269. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  270. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-97?
  271. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-97
  272. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- OPEN
  273. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97
  274. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  275. # [18:17] <rubys> issue-100?
  276. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-100
  277. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-100 -- Remove the srcdoc attribute from the HTML5 specification -- OPEN
  278. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/100
  279. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-100 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  280. # [18:18] <rubys> paulc: 15 calls for change proposals, and we received 12 out of 15. The chairs will continue negotiating.
  281. # [18:18] <rubys> paulc: maciej has updated the issue-status page
  282. # [18:19] <MikeSmith> q+ to note http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0435.html is a change proposal submitted for issue 74, and wondering where this one is at on the chairs' radar
  283. # [18:19] * Zakim sees MikeSmith on the speaker queue
  284. # [18:19] <pimpbot> Title: Patial Change request proposal for Issue 74 Canvas accessibility from Richard Schwerdtfeger on 2010-03-18 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  285. # [18:19] <MikeSmith> zakim, unmute me
  286. # [18:19] <Zakim> MikeSmith should no longer be muted
  287. # [18:19] <rubys> paulc: the A11y TF has reviewed these, and may prepare counter-proposals
  288. # [18:19] <rubys> ack next
  289. # [18:19] * Zakim sees MikeSmith at the head of the speaker queue
  290. # [18:19] <Zakim> MikeSmith, you wanted to note http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Mar/0435.html is a change proposal submitted for issue 74, and wondering where this one is at on
  291. # [18:19] <pimpbot> Title: Patial Change request proposal for Issue 74 Canvas accessibility from Richard Schwerdtfeger on 2010-03-18 (public-html@w3.org from March 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  292. # [18:19] <Zakim> ... the chairs' radar
  293. # [18:19] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  294. # [18:20] <paulc> I brought this to Chairs attention during the A11y TF call
  295. # [18:20] <rubys> mike: Richard has prepared a partial change proposal which affects 74, and mike believes that this is ready for consideration
  296. # [18:21] <rubys> paulc: the co-chairs will take this up; we make make a call for counter proposals as there has been essentially no discussion
  297. # [18:21] <rubys> topic: 8. Items that close next week (by Thu Apr 8)
  298. # [18:21] <rubys> issue-56?
  299. # [18:21] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-56
  300. # [18:21] <trackbot> ISSUE-56 -- Bring "URLs" section/definition and IRI specification in alignment. -- OPEN
  301. # [18:21] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/56
  302. # [18:21] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-56 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  303. # [18:21] <rubys> issue-99?
  304. # [18:21] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-99
  305. # [18:21] <trackbot> ISSUE-99 -- meta/@scheme missing -- RAISED
  306. # [18:21] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/99
  307. # [18:21] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-99 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  308. # [18:21] <rubys> issue-102?
  309. # [18:21] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-102
  310. # [18:21] <trackbot> ISSUE-102 -- Registration procedure for meta/@name -- RAISED
  311. # [18:21] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/102
  312. # [18:21] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-102 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  313. # [18:22] <rubys> issue-104?
  314. # [18:22] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-104
  315. # [18:22] <trackbot> ISSUE-104 -- Clarify that mime type sniffing is optional -- OPEN
  316. # [18:22] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/104
  317. # [18:22] <adrianba> zakim, [Microsoft.a] has franko
  318. # [18:22] <Zakim> +franko; got it
  319. # [18:22] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-104 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  320. # [18:22] <rubys> paulc: all close on April 5th (Monday)
  321. # [18:22] <rubys> topic: 9. New Calls for Proposals/Consensus this Week
  322. # [18:22] <rubys> paulc: none
  323. # [18:22] <rubys> topic: 10. New Calls for Counter Proposals this Week
  324. # [18:22] <rubys> paulc: none
  325. # [18:22] <rubys> topic: 11. New Issues This Week
  326. # [18:22] <mjs> issue-105?
  327. # [18:22] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-105
  328. # [18:22] <trackbot> ISSUE-105 -- allow image maps on the canvas element -- RAISED
  329. # [18:22] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/105
  330. # [18:22] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-105 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  331. # [18:23] <mjs> issue-106?
  332. # [18:23] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-106
  333. # [18:23] <trackbot> ISSUE-106 -- Return the concept of Obsolete but conforming back to using obsolete and deprecated -- RAISED
  334. # [18:23] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/106
  335. # [18:23] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-106 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  336. # [18:23] <rubys> paulc: two new issues, 105 and 106
  337. # [18:23] <rubys> paulc: any other "escallations" pending?
  338. # [18:24] <rubys> mjs: there are a number of issues with TrackerRequest tag, some are not in the proper state; we will give the authors a chance to raise the issue if they access, or otherwise we will assist with this work
  339. # [18:25] <rubys> paulc: I note that 105 has an A11y aspect to it; Mike can you bring it to the attention of the A11y task force.
  340. # [18:25] <rubys> mike: Steven is the one that raised it, and I will follow up with Steven; he will need to be the one to take the lead
  341. # [18:25] <rubys> topic: 12. Scribe for next meeting
  342. # [18:26] <MikeSmith> zakim, mute me
  343. # [18:26] <Zakim> MikeSmith should now be muted
  344. # [18:26] <plh> regrets for next week
  345. # [18:26] <Julian> q+ to note that Sam wanted to add to the agenda
  346. # [18:26] * Zakim sees Julian on the speaker queue
  347. # [18:26] <rubys> mjs: I will chair next wee
  348. # [18:26] <Julian> q-
  349. # [18:26] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  350. # [18:26] <rubys> paulc: I will scribe
  351. # [18:26] <paulc> Any other business?
  352. # [18:27] <paulc> Sam is concerned about muttiple WGs using the same MIME type?
  353. # [18:27] <paulc> What is the other WG?
  354. # [18:27] <plh> q+
  355. # [18:27] * Zakim sees plh on the speaker queue
  356. # [18:27] <paulc> ack plh
  357. # [18:27] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  358. # [18:27] <rubys> ack next
  359. # [18:27] * Zakim sees no one at the head of the speaker queue
  360. # [18:27] * Zakim sees no one on the speaker queue
  361. # [18:27] <rubys> plh: xhtml2 is not fully closed yet, and we will let them do their updates
  362. # [18:27] <rubys> plh: they are working on the xhtml1.1 documents
  363. # [18:28] <rubys> plh: at the moment we would have two groups using the same mime type
  364. # [18:28] <rubys> paulc: did that answer the question as to what other working group is touching the mime type?
  365. # [18:29] <rubys> julian: yes, but it doesn't answer the question as to whether this appropriate
  366. # [18:29] <rubys> plh: we will need to bring this to the coordination group
  367. # [18:30] <rubys> plh: it would send a strong message if the HTML5 working group were to state that they are the only one who should use the text/html MIME type
  368. # [18:30] * Parts: richardschwerdtfe (RichS@99.39.114.91)
  369. # [18:30] <Zakim> -Rich
  370. # [18:30] <rubys> julian: the W3C owns the mime type; from an architectural point of view it doesn't matter unless the XHTML wg updates the mime type
  371. # [18:31] <rubys> paulc: is there actually a chair in place for the XHTML2 working group?
  372. # [18:31] <rubys> plh: yes
  373. # [18:31] <rubys> paulc: perhaps we can invite the co-chair to a telecon?
  374. # [18:31] <rubys> plh: I'm willing to take an action item to contact the chairs
  375. # [18:31] <rubys> paulc: that's the best way to deal with this
  376. # [18:32] <rubys> action: plh to contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type
  377. # [18:32] * trackbot noticed an ACTION. Trying to create it.
  378. # [18:32] * RRSAgent records action 1
  379. # [18:32] <trackbot> Created ACTION-178 - Contact the various chairs/co-chairs to resolve the use of the text/html mime type [on Philippe Le H├ęgaret - due 2010-04-08].
  380. # [18:32] <Julian> - clarifying - a document with new info about text/html is irrelevant from a standards point of view unless the mime type registration is updated to point to it
  381. # [18:32] <rubys> paulc: does this deal with the agenda item?
  382. # [18:32] <rubys> rubys: yes
  383. # [18:32] <paulc> Adjounred at :30 after the hour.
  384. # [18:32] <rubys> paulc: adjourned
  385. # [18:32] <Zakim> -Radhika_Roy
  386. # [18:32] <MikeSmith> zakim, drop Mike
  387. # [18:32] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
  388. # [18:32] <Zakim> -[Microsoft.a]
  389. # [18:32] <Julian> bye
  390. # [18:32] <Zakim> MikeSmith is being disconnected
  391. # [18:32] <Zakim> -Julian
  392. # [18:32] <Zakim> -MikeSmith
  393. # [18:32] * Quits: Mark (c0808644@128.30.52.43) (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
  394. # [18:32] * Parts: janina (janina@66.92.170.178)
  395. # [18:32] <Zakim> -Janina
  396. # [18:33] <Zakim> -Plh
  397. # [18:33] <paulc> rssagent, generate minutes
  398. # [18:33] <Zakim> -Michael_Cooper
  399. # [18:33] <rubys> rrsagent,draft minutes
  400. # [18:33] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/04/01-html-wg-minutes.html rubys
  401. # [18:33] <Zakim> -Laura
  402. # [18:33] <Zakim> -mjs
  403. # [18:33] <Zakim> -Sam
  404. # [18:33] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
  405. # [18:33] <Zakim> Attendees were Radhika_Roy, Julian, Plh, Michael_Cooper, Rich, mjs, paulc, [Microsoft], Sam, adrianba, MikeSmith, Janina, Laura, franko
  406. # [18:33] * Quits: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.78) (Quit: Bye!)
  407. # [18:33] * Quits: Laura (lauracarls@131.212.98.217) (Quit: Laura)
  408. # [18:35] * Quits: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233) (Client exited)
  409. # [18:43] <pimpbot> changes: mjs: Record new issues 105 and 106. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Apr/0066.html> ** mjs: Record additional Change Proposal for ISSUE-74. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Apr/0065.html> ** mjs: Record that Call for Counter-Proposals for 4 and 84 is closed. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Apr/0064.html>
  410. # [18:43] <pimpbot> planet: Use a "x-dom-event-stream" stream in javascript ? <http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2561764/use-a-x-dom-event-stream-stream-in-javascript> ** W3C HTML5/CSS3 Meetup - Paris Mercredi 7 avril 2010 - 19h00 <http://www.glazman.org/weblog/dotclear/index.php?post/2010/04/01/W3C-HTML5/CSS3-Meetup-Paris-Mercredi-7-avril-2010-19h00>
  411. # [19:08] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.233.143) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  412. # [19:09] * Quits: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237) (Quit: mjs)
  413. # [19:11] * Joins: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19)
  414. # [19:12] * Quits: tH (Rob@87.102.4.170) (Ping timeout)
  415. # [19:17] * Parts: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19)
  416. # [19:18] * Joins: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19)
  417. # [19:21] * Joins: tH (Rob@87.102.4.170)
  418. # [19:43] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9187] Need transparency in issue and bug status in databases & document. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0043.html>
  419. # [19:45] * Parts: rubys (rubys@98.27.59.221)
  420. # [20:03] * Quits: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19) (Ping timeout)
  421. # [20:04] * Joins: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169)
  422. # [20:11] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.169)
  423. # [20:16] * Quits: paulc (836b0056@128.30.52.43) (Quit: CGI:IRC (EOF))
  424. # [20:44] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9384] Please add a rule that the property value for a PARAM element should be its VALUE attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0045.html> ** [Bug 9384] New: Please add a rule that the property value for a PARAM element should be its VALUE attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Apr/0044.html>
  425. # [20:48] * Joins: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19)
  426. # [20:53] * Quits: anne (annevk@216.239.45.19) (Ping timeout)
  427. # [21:00] * Joins: DanC (connolly@128.30.52.169)
  428. # [21:02] * Zakim excuses himself; his presence no longer seems to be needed
  429. # [21:02] * Parts: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  430. # [21:03] * Quits: MichaelC (Michael@128.30.52.30) (Client exited)
  431. # [21:58] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.10.38)
  432. # [21:58] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.10.38) (Client exited)
  433. # [22:16] * Parts: DanC (connolly@128.30.52.169) (Leaving)
  434. # [23:03] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163) (Client exited)
  435. # [23:06] * Quits: ROBOd (robod@89.122.216.38) (Quit: http://www.robodesign.ro )
  436. # [23:41] * Quits: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15) (Quit: Leaving)
  437. # [23:44] <pimpbot> planet: Are browsers Quake-ing in their boots? <http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/ajaxian/~3/IVPiwUPw8iw/gwt-quake>
  438. # [23:54] * Joins: anne (annevk@65.206.204.186)
  439. # Session Close: Fri Apr 02 00:00:00 2010

The end :)