/irc-logs / w3c / #html-wg / 2010-07-15 / end

Options:

  1. # Session Start: Thu Jul 15 00:00:00 2010
  2. # Session Ident: #html-wg
  3. # [00:01] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  4. # [00:12] <pimpbot> changes: hixie: typo (whatwg r5167) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Jul/0043.html> ** hixie: Make <figcaption> and <summary> act like other elements that have 'flow content' content models. (whatwg r5166) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Jul/0042.html>
  5. # [00:12] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10093] Typo: "either the element's end tag is parsed on the parser detects" should be "is parsed _or_ the parser detects" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0299.html> ** [Bug 10158] HTML5 parser: comments after </body> and after </html> should be put in body <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0298.html> ** [Bug 10093] Typo: "either the element's end tag is parsed on t
  6. # [00:32] * Quits: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233) (Ping timeout)
  7. # [00:42] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9984] [parser] Insertion point for script@onload doesn't match Firefox <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0300.html>
  8. # [00:43] * Quits: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15) (Quit: aroben)
  9. # [00:45] * Joins: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15)
  10. # [00:45] * Quits: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15) (Quit: aroben)
  11. # [00:55] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.141.84)
  12. # [00:55] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.141.84) (Client exited)
  13. # [01:05] * Joins: Dashimon (noone@80.213.205.237)
  14. # [01:06] * Quits: Dashiva (noone@80.213.205.237) (Ping timeout)
  15. # [01:06] * Dashimon is now known as Dashiva
  16. # [01:23] * Joins: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58)
  17. # [01:35] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  18. # [01:49] <pimpbot> planet: Caching Improvements in Internet Explorer 9 <http://blogs.msdn.com/b/ie/archive/2010/07/14/caching-improvements-in-internet-explorer-9.aspx>
  19. # [01:50] * Quits: tH (Rob@86.10.208.3) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86-rdmsoft [XULRunner 1.9.0.1/2008072406])
  20. # [02:13] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10169] The discontinuity at shadowBlur = 8 here is weird. We have no interop on exact shadow algorithms right now anyway, so maybe it could be fixed in the spec? Clearly authors aren't depending on pixel-perfect canvas shadows. Maybe it should just be the num <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0301.html>
  21. # [02:23] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  22. # [02:37] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.108)
  23. # [02:51] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  24. # [02:55] * Quits: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@114.48.19.245) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  25. # [02:58] * Quits: Yudai (Yudai@121.3.74.109) (Quit: SIGTERM received; exit)
  26. # [02:58] * Joins: Yudai (Yudai@121.3.74.109)
  27. # [03:45] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.216.42)
  28. # [04:14] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.216.42) (Quit: Till kicked and torn and beaten out he lies, and leaves his hold and crackles, groans, and dies.)
  29. # [04:24] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@133.27.228.171)
  30. # [04:49] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  31. # [04:54] * Joins: Peter- (peter@85.223.116.170)
  32. # [04:55] * Quits: Peter` (peter@85.223.116.170) (Ping timeout)
  33. # [05:27] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  34. # [05:36] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@24.42.95.108) (Client exited)
  35. # [06:03] * Joins: kennyluck (kennyluck@133.27.228.178)
  36. # [06:21] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  37. # [06:48] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.143.38)
  38. # [06:48] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.143.38) (Client exited)
  39. # [07:59] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@133.27.228.171) (Ping timeout)
  40. # [08:00] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.27.68)
  41. # [08:06] * Quits: drry (drry@110.74.95.20) (Ping timeout)
  42. # [08:07] * Joins: drry (drry@110.74.95.20)
  43. # [08:12] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.19.125) (Quit: mjs)
  44. # [08:22] * Joins: tH (Rob@86.10.208.3)
  45. # [08:39] <MikeSmith> webben: you around?
  46. # [08:47] <MikeSmith> webben: WBS seems to have a problem with comments that are >5K
  47. # [08:48] <MikeSmith> as far as I can tell from some quick-and-dirty troubleshooting
  48. # [09:15] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9771] It's slightly strange that the Tokenizer keeps changing the "insertion mode" which appears to be parser-state. eric@webkit.org <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0302.html>
  49. # [09:16] * Joins: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237)
  50. # [09:32] <MikeSmith> webben: it appears that the magic number on the character limit for WBS comments is 5629 characters
  51. # [09:45] * Joins: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169)
  52. # [10:42] * Joins: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@111.188.45.160)
  53. # [10:43] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.27.68) (Ping timeout)
  54. # [11:09] * Quits: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@111.188.45.160) (Ping timeout)
  55. # [11:28] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.176.39)
  56. # [11:29] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  57. # [11:41] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22)
  58. # [11:45] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22) (Quit: Leaving)
  59. # [11:45] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22)
  60. # [11:50] * Joins: wonsuk (wslee@212.36.50.198)
  61. # [11:52] * Parts: wonsuk (wslee@212.36.50.198)
  62. # [12:15] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10169] The discontinuity at shadowBlur = 8 here is weird. We have no interop on exact shadow algorithms right now anyway, so maybe it could be fixed in the spec? Clearly authors aren't depending on pixel-perfect canvas shadows. Maybe it should just be the num <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0303.html>
  63. # [12:43] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.176.39) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  64. # [13:10] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  65. # [13:21] * Quits: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233) (Ping timeout)
  66. # [13:22] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.176.39)
  67. # [13:31] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  68. # [13:46] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10170] New: I really think it should be possible to nest the ul and ol elements using normal tag standard. whey not make it possible to nest it by allowing ul/ol inside other ul/ol tags, just like any other li elements? <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0304.html>
  69. # [14:16] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9767] Consider ignoring document.write() when IE ignores it if comes from the network task source <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0307.html> ** [Bug 10172] New: nofollow/noreferrer not allowed on <link> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0306.html> ** [Bug 10171] New: Button is in the list twice <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/03
  70. # [14:16] * Quits: anne (annevk@83.85.115.123) (Ping timeout)
  71. # [14:19] * Joins: anne (annevk@83.85.115.123)
  72. # [14:39] * Quits: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233) (Client exited)
  73. # [14:46] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9984] [parser] Insertion point for script@onload doesn't match Firefox <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0308.html>
  74. # [14:56] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  75. # [15:21] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  76. # [15:22] * Quits: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233) (Client exited)
  77. # [15:26] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163)
  78. # [15:29] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163) (Client exited)
  79. # [15:29] * Joins: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163)
  80. # [15:35] * Joins: Julian (chatzilla@217.91.35.233)
  81. # [15:50] * Joins: tinkster1 (tai@81.2.120.180)
  82. # [15:52] * Joins: laplink (link@193.157.66.13)
  83. # [16:03] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Client exited)
  84. # [16:03] * tinkster1 is now known as tinkster
  85. # [16:18] * Joins: Dovendyret (blah@86.52.111.83)
  86. # [16:19] * Quits: Dovendyret (blah@86.52.111.83) (Quit: Dovendyret)
  87. # [16:20] * Quits: laplink (link@193.157.66.13) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  88. # [16:46] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10173] New: Foreign Content <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0309.html>
  89. # [16:59] * Joins: kliehm (kliehm@80.146.185.162)
  90. # [17:16] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  91. # [17:17] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10117] Tag name state algorithm has mis-ordered step <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0310.html>
  92. # [17:17] * Joins: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@114.48.195.198)
  93. # [17:19] * Joins: Stevef (chatzilla@93.83.45.50)
  94. # [17:19] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.176.39) (Ping timeout)
  95. # [17:32] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  96. # [17:37] * MikeSmithX is now known as MikeSmith
  97. # [17:47] <pimpbot> changes: mike: removed all "Linked-data semantics" subsections (bug 10083) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Jul/0044.html>
  98. # [17:47] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10083] Remove references to Microdata from within the document <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0311.html>
  99. # [17:52] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  100. # [17:53] * Joins: rubys2 (rubys@98.27.59.221)
  101. # [17:54] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  102. # [17:55] * rubys2 is now known as rubys
  103. # [17:56] * Quits: rubys (rubys@98.27.59.221) (Quit: Leaving.)
  104. # [17:57] * Joins: rubys (rubys@98.27.59.221)
  105. # [17:58] * Joins: paulc (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  106. # [17:58] <paulc> rubys: good morning
  107. # [17:59] <paulc> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2010JulSep/0004.html
  108. # [17:59] <pimpbot> Title: {agenda} HTML WG telecon 2010-07-15: note new dial-in numbers for Paris and London from Sam Ruby on 2010-07-14 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  109. # [17:59] <rubys> hi
  110. # [17:59] <paulc> zakim?
  111. # [18:00] <rubys> trackbot, start meeting
  112. # [18:00] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference
  113. # [18:00] * Joins: RRSAgent (rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169)
  114. # [18:00] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-irc
  115. # [18:00] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
  116. # [18:00] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
  117. # [18:00] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be HTML
  118. # [18:00] <Zakim> HTML matches both WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM and HTML_WG()12:00PM
  119. # [18:00] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
  120. # [18:00] <trackbot> Date: 15 July 2010
  121. # [18:00] <rubys> zakim, this will be HTML_WG
  122. # [18:00] <Zakim> ok, rubys, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
  123. # [18:00] <paulc> zakim, [Microsoft] has paulc
  124. # [18:00] <Zakim> +paulc; got it
  125. # [18:00] * plh zakim, call plh-work
  126. # [18:00] * Zakim ok, plh; the call is being made
  127. # [18:00] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
  128. # [18:00] <Zakim> +[Microsoft]
  129. # [18:00] <Zakim> +Plh
  130. # [18:00] * plh zakim, who is on the phone?
  131. # [18:00] * Zakim sees on the phone: [Microsoft], Plh
  132. # [18:00] * Zakim [Microsoft] has paulc
  133. # [18:00] * Joins: Mark (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  134. # [18:00] <paulc> zakim, [microsoft] has paulc
  135. # [18:00] <Zakim> paulc was already listed in [Microsoft], paulc
  136. # [18:01] <Zakim> +Sam
  137. # [18:01] * Joins: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.83)
  138. # [18:01] <Zakim> +Radhika_Roy
  139. # [18:02] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50)
  140. # [18:02] <Zakim> +[Microsoft.a]
  141. # [18:02] <adrianba> zakim, [Microsoft.a] has adrianba, franko
  142. # [18:02] <Zakim> +adrianba, franko; got it
  143. # [18:03] <paulc> scribe: paulc
  144. # [18:05] <MikeSmith> Zakim, call Mike
  145. # [18:05] <Zakim> ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
  146. # [18:05] <Zakim> +Michael_Cooper
  147. # [18:05] <Zakim> +Mike
  148. # [18:05] * Joins: Laura (lauracarls@131.212.98.217)
  149. # [18:05] * Joins: MichaelC (Michael@128.30.52.169)
  150. # [18:05] * Joins: janina (janina@66.92.170.178)
  151. # [18:05] <janina> zakim, call janina
  152. # [18:05] <Zakim> ok, janina; the call is being made
  153. # [18:05] <Zakim> +Janina
  154. # [18:05] <plh> scribeNick: paulc
  155. # [18:06] <MikeSmith> Zakim, Mike is me
  156. # [18:06] <Zakim> +MikeSmith; got it
  157. # [18:06] <MikeSmith> Zakim, mute me
  158. # [18:06] <Zakim> MikeSmith should now be muted
  159. # [18:06] <plh> -> http://www.w3.org/2002/03/RRSAgent#formatMinutes RRSAgent and scribe[Nick]
  160. # [18:06] <pimpbot> Title: RRSAgent IRC Bot Description (at www.w3.org)
  161. # [18:06] * plh zakim, who is on the phone?
  162. # [18:06] * Zakim sees on the phone: [Microsoft], Plh, Sam, Radhika_Roy, [Microsoft.a], Michael_Cooper, MikeSmith (muted), Janina
  163. # [18:06] * Zakim [Microsoft] has paulc
  164. # [18:06] * Zakim [Microsoft.a] has adrianba, franko
  165. # [18:07] * MichaelC in theory "scribe" is your real name and "scribeNick" is the IRC user, but how they're associated I've never known
  166. # [18:07] <paulc> Topic: ACTION items
  167. # [18:07] <paulc> ACTION-29?
  168. # [18:07] * trackbot getting information on ACTION-29
  169. # [18:07] <trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2010-07-15 -- OPEN
  170. # [18:07] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29
  171. # [18:07] <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  172. # [18:07] <Zakim> +Laura_Carlson
  173. # [18:07] * MichaelC more full scribe documentation at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
  174. # [18:07] <paulc> plh: The PSIG is still waiting on feedback on the license. Not sure when this will time out.
  175. # [18:07] <Zakim> +??P7
  176. # [18:07] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50) (Quit: Leaving)
  177. # [18:07] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50)
  178. # [18:08] <paulc> plh: Getting feedback is a blocker. No timeline for PSIG action.
  179. # [18:08] * janina I'm not hearing audio. Is it just me?
  180. # [18:08] <paulc> ACTION-29 due in 1 month
  181. # [18:08] * trackbot attempting to change due date on ACTION-29.
  182. # [18:08] <trackbot> ACTION-29 Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring due date now in 1 month
  183. # [18:08] <janina> zakim, drop janina
  184. # [18:08] <Zakim> Janina is being disconnected
  185. # [18:08] <Zakim> -Janina
  186. # [18:08] <paulc> plh: If anything happends before this plh will report it right away.
  187. # [18:08] <janina> zakim, call janina
  188. # [18:08] <Zakim> ok, janina; the call is being made
  189. # [18:08] <paulc> ACITON-183?
  190. # [18:08] <Zakim> +Janina
  191. # [18:08] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173
  192. # [18:08] <paulc> ACTION-183?
  193. # [18:08] * trackbot getting information on ACTION-183
  194. # [18:08] <trackbot> ACTION-183 -- Kris Krueger to and Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML -- due 2010-07-15 -- CLOSED
  195. # [18:08] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/183
  196. # [18:08] <pimpbot> 10173: krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, Foreign Content
  197. # [18:08] <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-183 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  198. # [18:09] * MikeSmith Zakim, who's noisy?
  199. # [18:09] <paulc> This was completed by filing bug 10173.
  200. # [18:09] <pimpbot> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10173 krisk@microsoft.com, P2, NEW, Foreign Content
  201. # [18:09] * Zakim MikeSmith, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Michael_Cooper (1%), [Microsoft] (43%)
  202. # [18:09] <paulc> I just muted myself to cut the noise.
  203. # [18:09] <rubys> close action-183
  204. # [18:09] * trackbot attempting to close ACTION-183.
  205. # [18:09] <trackbot> ACTION-183 And Testint TF to open bug on default mode when embedding SVG in HTML closed
  206. # [18:09] <Zakim> + +1.415.595.aaaa
  207. # [18:09] <paulc> Topic: New issues this week
  208. # [18:09] * MikeSmith thought it was MikeSmith causing noise...
  209. # [18:09] <mjs> Zakim, +1.415.595.aaaa is me
  210. # [18:09] <Zakim> +mjs; got it
  211. # [18:09] <paulc> None.
  212. # [18:10] <paulc> Topic: Working Group decisions
  213. # [18:10] <Zakim> + +1.206.850.aabb
  214. # [18:10] <paulc> Issues 30, 88, 95, 96 and 97 surveys have closed and are pending.
  215. # [18:10] <paulc> plh: What is the timeline for getting these done?
  216. # [18:10] <paulc> issue-30?
  217. # [18:10] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-30
  218. # [18:10] <trackbot> ISSUE-30 -- Should HTML 5 include a longdesc attribute for images -- open
  219. # [18:10] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/30
  220. # [18:10] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-30 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  221. # [18:11] * Quits: Stevef (chatzilla@93.83.45.50) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.6/20100625231939])
  222. # [18:11] <paulc> issue-88?
  223. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-88
  224. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-88 -- Should meta/@content allow a list of languages instead of just a single language? -- open
  225. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/88
  226. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-88 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  227. # [18:11] <paulc> Issue-95?
  228. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-95
  229. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-95 -- Remove/Discard the Hidden Attribute -- open
  230. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/95
  231. # [18:11] <Zakim> +Julian_Reschke
  232. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-95 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  233. # [18:11] <paulc> issue-96?
  234. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-96
  235. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-96 -- Remove/Discard the Progress Element -- open
  236. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/96
  237. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-96 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  238. # [18:11] * shepazu zakim, call shepazu
  239. # [18:11] * Zakim ok, shepazu; the call is being made
  240. # [18:11] <Zakim> +Shepazu
  241. # [18:11] <paulc> issue-97?
  242. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-97
  243. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-97 -- Remove/Discard the Meter Element -- open
  244. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/97
  245. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-97 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  246. # [18:12] * Joins: Julian_ (chatzilla@80.143.216.160)
  247. # [18:12] <paulc> pbc: We expect at least two of 95, 96 and 97 to be ready for next week.
  248. # [18:12] <paulc> Topic: Issues needing revised proposals
  249. # [18:12] <Julian_> Zakim, who's on the phone?
  250. # [18:12] <Zakim> On the phone I see [Microsoft], Plh, Sam, Radhika_Roy, [Microsoft.a], Michael_Cooper, MikeSmith (muted), Janina, Laura_Carlson, ??P7, mjs, +1.206.850.aabb, Julian_Reschke, Shepazu
  251. # [18:12] <Zakim> [Microsoft] has paulc
  252. # [18:12] <Zakim> [Microsoft.a] has adrianba, franko
  253. # [18:12] <paulc> Issue-31 and Issue-80: awaitng revised proposal.
  254. # [18:12] <paulc> Issue-56 has a revised proposal and it is being discussed.
  255. # [18:13] <paulc> Issue-85 may be obsolete in lieu of bug 10066.
  256. # [18:13] <pimpbot> http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=10066 faulkner.steve@gmail.com, P2, NEW, replace section 3.2.6 with the alternative spec text provided
  257. # [18:13] <paulc> Still awaiting a revised proposal on Issue-100.
  258. # [18:13] <paulc> The revised proposals are all due today.
  259. # [18:14] <paulc> pbc: What are we going to do if the revisions are not made available?
  260. # [18:14] * Joins: wcarr (chatzilla@134.134.139.72)
  261. # [18:14] <paulc> rubys: We will probably be forced to process the proposals we do have.
  262. # [18:14] <paulc> Topic: Issues ready for survey processing
  263. # [18:15] <paulc> Issue-4?
  264. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-4
  265. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-4 -- HTML Versioning and DOCTYPEs -- open
  266. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/4
  267. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-4 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  268. # [18:15] <paulc> Issue-84?
  269. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-84
  270. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-84 -- Should spec discourage use of "legacy" doctypes? -- open
  271. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/84
  272. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-84 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  273. # [18:15] <paulc> Issue-101?
  274. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-101
  275. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-101 -- Spec reference for US-ASCII -- open
  276. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/101
  277. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-101 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  278. # [18:15] <paulc> Issue-103?
  279. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-103
  280. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-103 -- XML escaping in iframe/@srcdoc -- open
  281. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/103
  282. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  283. # [18:15] <paulc> The issue of authoring conformance is being discussed on the public-html list. More input would be good.
  284. # [18:17] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 10083] Remove references to Microdata from within the document" (2 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0312.html>
  285. # [18:17] <paulc> pbc: Issue-100 is awaiting a revised proposal and should be processed before Issue-103 since the items are related. See last week's discussion.
  286. # [18:17] <Julian_> Zakim, who's making noise?
  287. # [18:17] <paulc> on mute again.
  288. # [18:17] <Zakim> Julian_, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: [Microsoft] (25%), Laura_Carlson (4%), Sam (19%)
  289. # [18:18] <paulc> Topic: Other business
  290. # [18:18] <paulc> plh: wanted to report on Testing TF
  291. # [18:18] <paulc> plh: very encouraging progress - 30 more tests approved
  292. # [18:18] <MikeSmith> Zakim, agenda?
  293. # [18:18] <Zakim> I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
  294. # [18:18] <Zakim> 1. status check on IANA link-relations registry - http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2010Jul/0033.html [from MikeSmith]
  295. # [18:18] <pimpbot> Title: Re: ACTION-182 and Issue-27 from Julian Reschke on 2010-07-14 (public-html@w3.org from July 2010) (at lists.w3.org)
  296. # [18:18] * Quits: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.74) (Ping timeout)
  297. # [18:18] <paulc> plh: TF has more than 800+ canvas tests in the pipeline.
  298. # [18:19] <paulc> plh: KrisK is working on a test harness.
  299. # [18:19] <paulc> plh: Both MSFT and Opera have offered to submit test results BEFORE CR.
  300. # [18:19] <paulc> plh: W3C plans to aggregate and publish these "early" results.
  301. # [18:19] <paulc> plh: within one month or so there will be publishable test results.
  302. # [18:20] <paulc> plh: There is one canvas test that was failing on many implementations and the TF agreed that several implementation will have to change since the test matched the spec.
  303. # [18:20] <paulc> pbc: Is that a challenge for other to get involved?
  304. # [18:21] <paulc> plh: it would be good for other implementors to send in results?
  305. # [18:21] <paulc> plh: Plan is to submit results for the "approved" tests only and to increase the number of "approved" tests.
  306. # [18:21] <paulc> pbc on mute again.
  307. # [18:22] <paulc> Topic: Scribe for next meeting.
  308. # [18:22] * adrianba is happy to scribe next week
  309. # [18:22] <paulc> Paul volunteers to scribe for Maciej who will be in the Chair.
  310. # [18:22] <paulc> I defer to Adrian.
  311. # [18:22] <paulc> Adrian will scribe next week.
  312. # [18:22] <paulc> Topic: Adjournment
  313. # [18:23] <paulc> Meeting adjourned at 12:30pm ET.
  314. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Julian_Reschke
  315. # [18:23] <Zakim> - +1.206.850.aabb
  316. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Plh
  317. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Michael_Cooper
  318. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Sam
  319. # [18:23] <Zakim> -[Microsoft.a]
  320. # [18:23] <Laura> bye
  321. # [18:23] <Zakim> -mjs
  322. # [18:23] <MikeSmith> Zakim, drop me
  323. # [18:23] <Zakim> MikeSmith is being disconnected
  324. # [18:23] <Zakim> -MikeSmith
  325. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Janina
  326. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Shepazu
  327. # [18:23] * Quits: Mark (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  328. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Radhika_Roy
  329. # [18:23] <paulc> rssagent, generate minutes
  330. # [18:23] <Zakim> -Laura_Carlson
  331. # [18:24] * Joins: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.118)
  332. # [18:24] <paulc> rssagent, create the minutes
  333. # [18:24] <Zakim> -??P7
  334. # [18:25] <paulc> rssagent, create minutes
  335. # [18:25] <rubys> rrsagent, create minutes
  336. # [18:25] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/07/15-html-wg-minutes.html rubys
  337. # [18:25] * rubys notes that there are two r's and only one s in rrsagent
  338. # [18:26] <paulc> and paul cannot spell tenative as well
  339. # [18:27] * Quits: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.83) (Quit: Bye!)
  340. # [18:31] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  341. # [18:34] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
  342. # [18:34] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
  343. # [18:34] <Zakim> Attendees were paulc, [Microsoft], Plh, Sam, Radhika_Roy, adrianba, franko, Michael_Cooper, Janina, MikeSmith, Laura_Carlson, mjs, +1.206.850.aabb, Julian_Reschke, Shepazu
  344. # [18:39] * Quits: paulc (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: paulc)
  345. # [18:42] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  346. # [18:44] * Quits: Laura (lauracarls@131.212.98.217) (Quit: Laura)
  347. # [18:47] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10177] New: Typo in 'An end tag whose tag name is "p"': "sbutton cope" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0313.html>
  348. # [18:53] * MikeSmith is now known as MikeZzz
  349. # [18:53] * Quits: tlr (tlr@128.30.52.169) (Quit: tlr)
  350. # [18:58] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  351. # [19:06] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  352. # [19:06] * Joins: aroben (aroben@71.58.77.15)
  353. # [19:17] <pimpbot> changes: mike: renamed "common attributes" to "global attributes" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2010Jul/0045.html>
  354. # [19:34] * Parts: MichaelC (Michael@128.30.52.169)
  355. # [19:36] * Quits: kliehm (kliehm@80.146.185.162) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.6/20100625231939])
  356. # [19:37] * Quits: Julian_ (chatzilla@80.143.216.160) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86 [Firefox 3.6.6/20100625231939])
  357. # [19:39] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  358. # [19:47] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9673] Remove any reference to a specific Time Stamp format for video captioning from the specification at this time <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0314.html>
  359. # [19:54] * Quits: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237) (Quit: mjs)
  360. # [20:03] * Joins: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237)
  361. # [20:06] * Quits: kennyluck (kennyluck@133.27.228.178) (Quit: kennyluck)
  362. # [20:08] * Quits: mjs (mjs@69.181.42.237) (Quit: mjs)
  363. # [20:08] * Joins: KINGZ (100@89.211.206.214)
  364. # [20:08] * Parts: KINGZ (100@89.211.206.214)
  365. # [20:17] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  366. # [20:17] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10178] New: In the DOM tree visualisation the doctype node is presented weird: The string "html" is marked up like a reference to the definition of the HTML element; like it is done with all following nodes. That just leads to a doubled link to the HTML element defin <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2010Jul/0315.html>
  367. # [20:28] * Joins: laplink (link@193.157.66.13)
  368. # [20:55] * Parts: rubys (rubys@98.27.59.221)
  369. # [20:59] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  370. # [21:13] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  371. # [21:16] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.182)
  372. # [21:28] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  373. # [21:36] * Quits: laplink (link@193.157.66.13) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  374. # [22:23] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.182) (Connection reset by peer)
  375. # [22:24] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.182)
  376. # [22:30] <janina> /leave
  377. # [23:03] * Quits: miketaylr (miketaylr@38.117.156.163) (Client exited)
  378. # [23:18] * Joins: MikeSmithX (MikeSmith@114.48.44.185)
  379. # [23:20] * Quits: MikeZzz (MikeSmith@114.48.195.198) (Ping timeout)
  380. # [23:31] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.182) (Connection reset by peer)
  381. # [23:32] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Quit: always accept cookies)
  382. # [23:32] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.182)
  383. # [23:54] <pimpbot> planet: Firefox 4 Beta Coverage From Around the World <http://blog.mozilla.com/news/2010/07/15/firefox-4-beta-coverage-from-around-the-world/>
  384. # Session Close: Fri Jul 16 00:00:00 2010

The end :)