/irc-logs / w3c / #html-wg / 2011-03-31 / end

Options:

  1. # Session Start: Thu Mar 31 00:00:00 2011
  2. # Session Ident: #html-wg
  3. # [00:23] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.104.73) (Ping timeout)
  4. # [00:23] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.104.73)
  5. # [00:48] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  6. # [01:18] <pimpbot> changes: hixie: fix the last confusing vestiges of the misnaming of this API (whatwg r5974) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0116.html>
  7. # [01:48] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  8. # [01:49] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.104.73) (Quit: disconnected: Jace Voracek - Jace@Jace-Place.com)
  9. # [01:52] * Joins: jun (jun@126.197.39.82)
  10. # [02:02] * Quits: jun (jun@126.197.39.82) (Quit: Colloquy for iPad - http://colloquy.mobi)
  11. # [02:15] * Quits: tH (Rob@82.4.97.117) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86-rdmsoft [XULRunner 1.9.0.1/2008072406])
  12. # [02:26] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.190) (Quit: mjs)
  13. # [02:28] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.190)
  14. # [02:38] * Joins: davidb (davidb@67.71.139.23)
  15. # [02:49] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  16. # [03:14] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181)
  17. # [03:24] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181) (Ping timeout)
  18. # [03:25] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181)
  19. # [03:49] <pimpbot> planet: Chris Pearce: HTML5 Video painting performance statistics in Firefox 5 <http://blog.pearce.org.nz/2011/03/html5-video-painting-performance.html>
  20. # [04:00] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181) (Ping timeout)
  21. # [04:01] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181)
  22. # [04:06] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181) (Ping timeout)
  23. # [04:06] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181)
  24. # [04:25] * Quits: mjs (mjs@17.246.16.190) (Quit: mjs)
  25. # [04:31] * Quits: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169) (Quit: kennyluck)
  26. # [04:31] * Joins: mjs (mjs@67.218.107.17)
  27. # [04:49] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  28. # [04:50] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.105.181) (Quit: disconnected: Jace Voracek - Jace@Jace-Place.com)
  29. # [05:00] * Quits: davidb (davidb@67.71.139.23) (Quit: davidb)
  30. # [05:08] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  31. # [05:19] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12399] Expose statistics for media elements <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0847.html>
  32. # [05:21] * Quits: mjs (mjs@67.218.107.17) (Quit: mjs)
  33. # [05:30] * Joins: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6)
  34. # [05:40] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.251.107)
  35. # [05:49] <pimpbot> planet: Jesper Kristensen: Firefox/Gecko Delivery Meeting Minutes: 2011-03-30 <http://blog.mozilla.com/meeting-notes/archives/523>
  36. # [05:53] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  37. # [05:53] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.251.107) (Ping timeout)
  38. # [05:55] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  39. # [06:50] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  40. # [07:14] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  41. # [07:51] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  42. # [08:20] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12398] Tokenizer stuck in ScriptDataDoubleEscapedState <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0848.html>
  43. # [08:40] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  44. # [08:50] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  45. # [08:50] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12101] "Structured clone" can be passed an object with a hostile getter that returns an object identical to itself; "structured clone" does not prevent such an infinite regression. <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0849.html>
  46. # [09:20] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12404] Structured Clone and Arrays (implementation notes and clarifications sought) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0851.html> ** [Bug 12404] New: Structured Clone and Arrays (implementation notes and clarifications sought) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0850.html>
  47. # [09:29] * Joins: ormaaj (quassel@63.231.132.231)
  48. # [09:50] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  49. # [09:50] <pimpbot> bugmail: "[Bug 12405] There's a problem with overlaying a sign-language video and using native controls, because the overlaid video overlaps the native controls" (2 messages in thread) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0854.html> ** [Bug 12405] New: There's a problem with overlaying a sign-language video and using native controls, because the overlaid video overlaps the native controls <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/P
  50. # [10:02] * Joins: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180)
  51. # [10:15] * Joins: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169)
  52. # [10:21] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12404] Structured Clone and Arrays (implementation notes and clarifications sought) <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0855.html>
  53. # [10:47] * Quits: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6) (Quit: mjs)
  54. # [10:51] <pimpbot> changes: : typo <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0119.html> ** : clarify <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0118.html> ** : textarea maxlength and wrap. <http://www.w3.org/mid/AANLkTin+=T1HUjK1B4JLnpW2ne2+emFz5RtFSWQ63UCw@mail.gmail.com> <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0117.html>
  55. # [11:18] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.9.197)
  56. # [11:23] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22) (Quit: Leaving)
  57. # [11:24] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22)
  58. # [11:51] <pimpbot> changes: : set date to 5th <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0121.html> ** : update the document with changes since last publication <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0120.html>
  59. # [11:52] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 11096] s element still listed as absent <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0856.html>
  60. # [14:02] * RRSAgent excuses himself; his presence no longer seems to be needed
  61. # [14:02] * Parts: RRSAgent (rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169)
  62. # [14:32] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  63. # [14:52] <pimpbot> planet: Bruce: longdesc in HTML5 <http://www.brucelawson.co.uk/2011/longdesc-in-html5/> ** A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  64. # [14:54] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10671] consider removing support for PUT and DELETE as form methods <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0857.html>
  65. # [15:18] * Joins: plh (plh@128.30.52.28)
  66. # [15:40] * Joins: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180)
  67. # [15:50] * Quits: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169) (Quit: kennyluck)
  68. # [15:54] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9670] Allow "size" attribute for input-type "number" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0858.html>
  69. # [15:57] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  70. # [15:57] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  71. # [16:08] * Joins: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4)
  72. # [16:12] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  73. # [16:13] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@111.188.9.197) (Ping timeout)
  74. # [16:24] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10202] use of "codecs" parameter <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0864.html> ** [Bug 10671] consider removing support for PUT and DELETE as form methods <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0863.html> ** [Bug 12406] New: There is no definition or reference to a definition for "dirty value flag". <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0862.
  75. # [16:26] * Joins: oedipus (Gregory_J.@70.111.174.200)
  76. # [16:42] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  77. # [16:48] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Connection reset by peer)
  78. # [16:52] <pimpbot> changes: sam: Decision on 145 <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2011Mar/0122.html>
  79. # [16:52] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  80. # [16:54] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 9670] Allow "size" attribute for input-type "number" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0865.html>
  81. # [16:56] * Joins: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169)
  82. # [17:00] * Joins: tinkster1 (tai@81.2.120.180)
  83. # [17:01] * Quits: tinkster (tai@81.2.120.180) (Ping timeout)
  84. # [17:05] * Quits: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4) (Client exited)
  85. # [17:06] * Joins: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.22.161)
  86. # [17:10] * Joins: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4)
  87. # [17:36] * Joins: rubys1 (rubys@98.27.48.117)
  88. # [17:41] * Quits: plh (plh@128.30.52.28) (Ping timeout)
  89. # [17:49] * Joins: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6)
  90. # [17:58] * Joins: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.80)
  91. # [18:01] <rubys1> trackbot, start meeting
  92. # [18:01] * trackbot is preparing a teleconference
  93. # [18:01] * Joins: RRSAgent (rrs-loggee@128.30.52.169)
  94. # [18:01] <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/03/31-html-wg-irc
  95. # [18:01] <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs public
  96. # [18:01] <RRSAgent> I have made the request, trackbot
  97. # [18:01] * Joins: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  98. # [18:01] <trackbot> Zakim, this will be html_wg
  99. # [18:01] <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see HTML_WG()12:00PM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
  100. # [18:01] <trackbot> Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
  101. # [18:01] <trackbot> Date: 31 March 2011
  102. # [18:02] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has now started
  103. # [18:02] <Zakim> + +1.215.286.aaaa
  104. # [18:03] <Zakim> +Sam
  105. # [18:03] <oedipus> regrets+ Gregory_Rosmaita
  106. # [18:03] <mjs> hello
  107. # [18:03] * rubys1 waves
  108. # [18:03] * rubys1 is now known as rubys
  109. # [18:03] * Joins: dpenkler (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  110. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Apple]
  111. # [18:04] <hober> Zakim, Apple has hober
  112. # [18:04] <Zakim> +hober; got it
  113. # [18:04] <Zakim> +[Microsoft]
  114. # [18:04] <Zakim> + +33.6.72.99.aabb
  115. # [18:05] <adrianba> zakim, [Microsoft] has adrianba, krisk
  116. # [18:05] <Zakim> +adrianba, krisk; got it
  117. # [18:05] <dpenkler> zakim,aabb is me
  118. # [18:05] <Zakim> +dpenkler; got it
  119. # [18:05] * Joins: krisk (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  120. # [18:06] <mjs> I am having trouble dialing in
  121. # [18:06] <mjs> Zakim keeps kicking me
  122. # [18:06] <Zakim> +Michael_Cooper
  123. # [18:06] * Joins: eliot (eliot@208.78.235.1)
  124. # [18:06] <Zakim> + +1.415.595.aacc
  125. # [18:06] <mjs> ah, there we go
  126. # [18:06] <MikeSmith> Zakim, call Mike-goog
  127. # [18:06] <Zakim> ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
  128. # [18:06] <Zakim> +Mike
  129. # [18:07] <rubys> start in another minute or so?
  130. # [18:07] * Joins: arronei_ (arronei@131.107.0.75)
  131. # [18:08] * Quits: arronei (arronei@131.107.0.74) (Ping timeout)
  132. # [18:08] <mjs> Topic: action items due
  133. # [18:08] <Zakim> +Cynthia_Shelly
  134. # [18:08] * Quits: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86.1 [Firefox 4.0/20110318052756])
  135. # [18:08] <mjs> SR: First item - ACTION-29
  136. # [18:08] <Zakim> +Judy
  137. # [18:08] <MikeSmith> action-29?
  138. # [18:08] * trackbot getting information on ACTION-29
  139. # [18:08] <trackbot> ACTION-29 -- Philippe Le H├ęgaret to follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring -- due 2011-03-31 -- OPEN
  140. # [18:08] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/29
  141. # [18:08] <pimpbot> Title: ACTION-29: Follow up on the idea of a free-software-compatible license for a note on HTML authoring - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  142. # [18:09] <mjs> SR: I don't hear phillippe, but we do have some news
  143. # [18:09] * Joins: paulc_ (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  144. # [18:09] <mjs> SR: we have approval from the PSIG to send materials today to the HTML WG
  145. # [18:09] <mjs> SR: for the first time, the WG will see license options 1 and 2
  146. # [18:09] <mjs> SR: we will do a survey late in April
  147. # [18:10] <mjs> SR: Maciej will be sending out a note about this shortly after this call
  148. # [18:10] <mjs> SR: any questions or comments?
  149. # [18:10] <Zakim> +[Microsoft.a]
  150. # [18:10] <mjs> Topic: new issues this week
  151. # [18:10] <mjs> SR: none
  152. # [18:10] <paulc_> zakim, [Microsoft.a] has paulc
  153. # [18:10] <Zakim> +paulc; got it
  154. # [18:10] <mjs> Topic: items closed last week
  155. # [18:10] <mjs> SR: many issues that closed last week
  156. # [18:11] <mjs> SR: first is ISSUE-131 caret-location-API
  157. # [18:11] <mjs> ISSUE-131?
  158. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-131
  159. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open
  160. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
  161. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  162. # [18:11] <mjs> SR: a second proposal was received, and a survey was sent out
  163. # [18:11] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-145 codecs-vs-octets, counter-proposals were due by Mar 22
  164. # [18:11] * Joins: janina (janina@66.92.170.178)
  165. # [18:11] <Zakim> +??P16
  166. # [18:11] <mjs> SR: no proposal received
  167. # [18:11] * Joins: mfoladar (qw3birc@128.30.52.28)
  168. # [18:11] <mjs> ISSUE-145?
  169. # [18:11] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-145
  170. # [18:11] <trackbot> ISSUE-145 -- use of "codecs" parameter -- open
  171. # [18:11] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/145
  172. # [18:11] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-145: use of "codecs" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  173. # [18:11] * Joins: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.9.104)
  174. # [18:12] <mjs> SR: next is ISSUE-152 multitrack-media-resources
  175. # [18:12] <mjs> ISSUE-152?
  176. # [18:12] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-152
  177. # [18:12] <trackbot> ISSUE-152 -- Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource -- open
  178. # [18:12] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/152
  179. # [18:12] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-152: Handling of additional tracks of a multitrack audio/video resource - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  180. # [18:12] <mjs> SR: we have had four proposals received
  181. # [18:12] <mjs> SR: have had a request to delay this
  182. # [18:12] <mjs> Janina: we talked about this in the TF telecon
  183. # [18:12] <mjs> Janina: we are working well and making excellent progress
  184. # [18:13] <mjs> Janina: there is also significant concern with laying this beyond Last Call
  185. # [18:13] <mjs> janina: there is consensus that additional weeks will let us resolve this down to fewer proposals
  186. # [18:13] <mjs> SR: we have definitely heard this input and are taking it seriously
  187. # [18:13] <mjs> SR: chairs will get together later today
  188. # [18:14] <Zakim> +Radhika_Roy
  189. # [18:14] <mjs> SR: any other comments on ISSUE-152?
  190. # [18:14] <mjs> SR: next is ISSUE-155 table-border
  191. # [18:15] <mjs> ISSUE-155?
  192. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-155
  193. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open
  194. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155
  195. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  196. # [18:15] <mjs> SR: we received a second proposal on that one
  197. # [18:15] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-148 charset-detect
  198. # [18:15] <mjs> ISSUE-148?
  199. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-148
  200. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-148 -- Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter -- closed
  201. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/148
  202. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-148: Algorithm for detecting the charset="" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  203. # [18:15] <mjs> SR: proposal was adopted by consensus
  204. # [18:15] * Quits: J_Voracek (irchon@166.205.9.104) (Client exited)
  205. # [18:15] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-27 rel-ownership
  206. # [18:15] <mjs> ISSUE-27?
  207. # [18:15] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-27
  208. # [18:15] <trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open
  209. # [18:15] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27
  210. # [18:15] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27: @rel value ownership, registry consideration - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  211. # [18:16] <mjs> SR: the poll originally closed last week; now extended to April 1, which is tomorrow
  212. # [18:16] <mjs> SR: next up, ISSUE-122 shallott-example
  213. # [18:16] <mjs> ISSUE-122?
  214. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-122
  215. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open
  216. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122
  217. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  218. # [18:16] <mjs> SR: we had a straw poll for objections, closed MArch 24
  219. # [18:16] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-161 accessibility-api-mapping
  220. # [18:16] <mjs> ISSUE-161?
  221. # [18:16] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-161
  222. # [18:16] <trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- open
  223. # [18:16] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161
  224. # [18:16] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  225. # [18:17] <mjs> SR: no proposal received in response to the call for counter-proposals
  226. # [18:17] <mjs> Topic: items closing next week
  227. # [18:17] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-144 conforming-u
  228. # [18:17] <mjs> conforming-u?
  229. # [18:17] <mjs> er
  230. # [18:17] <mjs> ISSUE-144?
  231. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-144
  232. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open
  233. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144
  234. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  235. # [18:17] <MikeSmith> Zakim, mute Mike
  236. # [18:17] <Zakim> Mike should now be muted
  237. # [18:17] <mjs> SR: we did get a proposal
  238. # [18:17] <mjs> SR: and finally ISSUE-32 table-summary
  239. # [18:17] <mjs> ISSUE-32?
  240. # [18:17] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-32
  241. # [18:17] <trackbot> ISSUE-32 -- how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? -- open
  242. # [18:17] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/32
  243. # [18:17] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-32: how to provide a summary of a table, e.g. for unsighted navigation? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  244. # [18:18] <mjs> straw poll for objections closed March 28
  245. # [18:18] <mjs> Topic: items closing next week
  246. # [18:18] <mjs> SR: issue-145 codecs-vs-octet
  247. # [18:18] <mjs> ISSUE-145?
  248. # [18:18] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-145
  249. # [18:18] <trackbot> ISSUE-145 -- use of "codecs" parameter -- open
  250. # [18:18] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/145
  251. # [18:18] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-145: use of "codecs" parameter - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  252. # [18:18] <mjs> SR: call for consensus closed yesterday
  253. # [18:18] <rubys> zakim, who is making noise?
  254. # [18:18] <mjs> I'm hearing a lot of noise on the line
  255. # [18:19] <Zakim> rubys, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: Judy (64%), Sam (31%)
  256. # [18:19] <mjs> can't hear the chair
  257. # [18:19] <rubys> zakim, mute judy
  258. # [18:19] <Zakim> Judy should now be muted
  259. # [18:19] <mjs> SR: next up is ISSUE-131 caret-location-api
  260. # [18:19] <mjs> SR: straw poll for objections closes today
  261. # [18:19] <mjs> ISSUE-131?
  262. # [18:19] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-131
  263. # [18:19] <trackbot> ISSUE-131 -- Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? -- open
  264. # [18:19] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/131
  265. # [18:20] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-131: Should we add a caret location API to canvas, or is the focus API sufficient? - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  266. # [18:20] <mjs> SR: next up is ISSUE-161 accessibilit-api-mappings
  267. # [18:20] <mjs> ISSUE-161?
  268. # [18:20] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-161
  269. # [18:20] <trackbot> ISSUE-161 -- Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis -- open
  270. # [18:20] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/161
  271. # [18:20] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-161: Create document defining mappings from html elements to platform accessibility apis - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  272. # [18:20] <mjs> SR: call for consensus closes tomorrow
  273. # [18:20] <mjs> SR: the final one this week is ISSUE-27 rel-ownership
  274. # [18:20] <mjs> ISSUE-27?
  275. # [18:20] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-27
  276. # [18:20] <trackbot> ISSUE-27 -- @rel value ownership, registry consideration -- open
  277. # [18:20] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/27
  278. # [18:20] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-27: @rel value ownership, registry consideration - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  279. # [18:20] <mjs> SR: straw poll for objections closes April 1
  280. # [18:21] <mjs> SR: included in the agenda but already covered, we appreciate the work being done to consolidate proposals on 152
  281. # [18:21] <mjs> Topic: items closing next week
  282. # [18:21] <mjs> SR: issue-144 conforming-u
  283. # [18:21] <mjs> ISSUE-144?
  284. # [18:21] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-144
  285. # [18:21] <trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open
  286. # [18:21] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144
  287. # [18:21] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  288. # [18:22] <mjs> SR: straw poll for objections closes April 4
  289. # [18:22] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-155 table border
  290. # [18:22] <mjs> ISSUE-155?
  291. # [18:22] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-155
  292. # [18:22] <trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open
  293. # [18:22] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155
  294. # [18:22] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  295. # [18:22] <mjs> SR: poll also closes April 4
  296. # [18:22] <mjs> SR: questions or comments?
  297. # [18:22] <mjs> Topic: new calls this week
  298. # [18:22] <mjs> SR: we have two
  299. # [18:23] <mjs> SR: first a call for consensus to publish 8 heartbeat drafts
  300. # [18:23] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0576.html
  301. # [18:23] <pimpbot> Title: CfC: Publish eight heartbeat drafts as WDs from Paul Cotton on 2011-03-24 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  302. # [18:23] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0591.html
  303. # [18:23] <pimpbot> Title: CfC: Publish a first public WD from Paul Cotton on 2011-03-24 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  304. # [18:23] <mjs> SR: next is a call for consensus to publish an FPWD of the accessibility platform implementation guide
  305. # [18:23] <mjs> SR: so far have only heard positive responses
  306. # [18:24] <mjs> SR: next up is new surveys this week
  307. # [18:24] <mjs> Topic: new surveys this week
  308. # [18:24] <mjs> SR: ISSUE-31/ISSUE-80 missing-alt and title-alternative
  309. # [18:24] <mjs> SR: we have three polls covering those two issues
  310. # [18:24] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-80-validation-objection-poll/
  311. # [18:24] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-80-requirements-objection-poll/
  312. # [18:24] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-31-81-verbiage-objection-poll/
  313. # [18:24] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 10671] consider removing support for PUT and DELETE as form methods <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0867.html> ** [Bug 9178] add definition of "conforming document" <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0866.html>
  314. # [18:25] <mjs> SR: complicated issue with 8 proposals to untangle
  315. # [18:25] <mjs> SR: we did get questions about one of the polls, and Maciej has made some clarifications in response
  316. # [18:25] <mjs> SR: next up is ISSUE-144 conforming-u
  317. # [18:25] <mjs> ISSUE-144?
  318. # [18:25] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-144
  319. # [18:25] <trackbot> ISSUE-144 -- <u> should be conforming -- open
  320. # [18:25] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/144
  321. # [18:25] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-144-objection-poll/
  322. # [18:25] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-144: should be conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  323. # [18:25] <mjs> SR: survey closes April 4th
  324. # [18:26] <mjs> SR: next is ISSUE-147 playback-rate-undefined
  325. # [18:26] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-147-objection-poll/
  326. # [18:26] <mjs> ISSUE-147?
  327. # [18:26] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-147
  328. # [18:26] <trackbot> ISSUE-147 -- playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent can't play back at the requested rate -- open
  329. # [18:26] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/147
  330. # [18:26] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-147: playbackrate: undefined behavior when the user agent cant play back at the requested rate - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  331. # [18:26] <mjs> SR: that closes April 5th
  332. # [18:26] <mjs> SR: finally, ISSUE-155 table-border
  333. # [18:26] <rubys> http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/40318/issue-155-objection-poll/
  334. # [18:26] <mjs> ISSUE-155?
  335. # [18:26] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-155
  336. # [18:26] <trackbot> ISSUE-155 -- make <table border="1" cellpadding="10" cellspacing="0"> conforming -- open
  337. # [18:26] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/155
  338. # [18:26] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-155: make conforming - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  339. # [18:26] <mjs> SR: also closes April 4th
  340. # [18:27] <mjs> SR: by Tuesday, all surveys will be complete, with the exception of 152
  341. # [18:27] <mjs> Topic: decisions this week
  342. # [18:27] <mjs> SR: there were three
  343. # [18:27] <mjs> SR: the first is rdfa-prefixes
  344. # [18:27] <mjs> ISSUE-120?
  345. # [18:27] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-120
  346. # [18:27] <trackbot> ISSUE-120 -- Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology -- closed
  347. # [18:27] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/120
  348. # [18:27] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-120: Use of prefixes is too complicated for a Web technology - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  349. # [18:27] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0689.html
  350. # [18:27] <pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-120 rdfa-prefixes from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-29 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  351. # [18:27] <rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html#ISSUE-120
  352. # [18:27] <pimpbot> Title: Formal Objection Status (at dev.w3.org)
  353. # [18:27] <mjs> SR: there has been a formal objection
  354. # [18:27] <mjs> SR: next is ISSUE-122 shallott-example
  355. # [18:28] <mjs> ISSUE-122?
  356. # [18:28] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-122
  357. # [18:28] <trackbot> ISSUE-122 -- alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example -- open
  358. # [18:28] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/122
  359. # [18:28] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-122: alt text and description for Lady of Shalott example - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  360. # [18:28] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0691.html
  361. # [18:28] <pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on ISSUE-122 shalott-example from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-29 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  362. # [18:28] <mjs> SR: finally poster-alt, ISSUE-142
  363. # [18:28] <mjs> ISSUE-142?
  364. # [18:28] * trackbot getting information on ISSUE-142
  365. # [18:28] <trackbot> ISSUE-142 -- No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) -- closed
  366. # [18:28] <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/142
  367. # [18:28] <rubys> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2011Mar/0690.html
  368. # [18:28] <pimpbot> Title: ISSUE-142: No alternative text description for video key frame (poster) - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
  369. # [18:28] <pimpbot> Title: Working Group Decision on 142 poster-alt from Sam Ruby on 2011-03-29 (public-html@w3.org from March 2011) (at lists.w3.org)
  370. # [18:28] <rubys> http://dev.w3.org/html5/status/formal-objection-status.html#ISSUE-142
  371. # [18:28] <pimpbot> Title: Formal Objection Status (at dev.w3.org)
  372. # [18:28] <mjs> MJS: 142 has also seen a formal objection
  373. # [18:28] <mjs> SR: that is correct
  374. # [18:29] <mjs> SR: any questions or comments?
  375. # [18:29] <mjs> Topic: task force reports
  376. # [18:29] <mjs> SR: first up is testing TF
  377. # [18:29] <mjs> KK: we met last week
  378. # [18:29] <krisk> Notes http://www.w3.org/2011/03/22-htmlt-minutes.html
  379. # [18:29] <mjs> KK: on March 22nd
  380. # [18:29] <pimpbot> Title: SV_MEETING_TITLE -- 22 Mar 2011 (at www.w3.org)
  381. # [18:29] <mjs> KK: we meet again this Tuesday April 5th
  382. # [18:29] <mjs> KK: we approved 103 audio/video tests
  383. # [18:30] <mjs> KK: there are some new bug fixes based on feedback
  384. # [18:30] <mjs> KK: there was a discussion about html5lib tests
  385. # [18:30] <mjs> KK: they will be moved over by James Graham
  386. # [18:30] <adrianba> s/some new bug/about 20 that need bug/
  387. # [18:31] <mjs> KK: discussion about a bunch of attribute tests that will be approved
  388. # [18:31] <mjs> KK: that's it
  389. # [18:31] <mjs> SR: thank you - questions/comments?
  390. # [18:31] <mjs> SR: next up, accessibility task force
  391. # [18:31] <mjs> JS: work continues focused on ISSUE-152, we think we are making real good progress
  392. # [18:31] <mjs> JS: real-time conversation really helps
  393. # [18:32] <mjs> JS: face-to-face was really helpful
  394. # [18:32] <mjs> JS: we had two parallel meetings, media, and canvas/longdesc/aria
  395. # [18:32] <mjs> JS: there is a canvas change proposal survey closing
  396. # [18:32] <mjs> JS: we talked about that some in the meeting again today
  397. # [18:33] <mjs> JS: in terms of longdesc we are watching Laura's proposal and the discussion
  398. # [18:33] <mjs> JS: we expect to articulate TF consensus soon
  399. # [18:33] <mjs> JS: this should address criticism from the first round
  400. # [18:33] <mjs> SR: you are allowed to make changes to the proposal
  401. # [18:33] <mjs> SR: questions/comments for Janina?
  402. # [18:34] <mjs> SR: hearing none, moving on
  403. # [18:34] <mjs> Topic: other business
  404. # [18:34] <mjs> SR: does anyone have other topics to bring up?
  405. # [18:34] <mjs> SR: hearing none
  406. # [18:34] <mjs> Topic: scribe for next meeting?
  407. # [18:34] <adrianba> i will scribe
  408. # [18:34] <mjs> PC: it will be my turn to chair
  409. # [18:34] <mjs> SR: Adrian volunteers
  410. # [18:35] <mjs> SR: Thank you, Adrian!
  411. # [18:35] <mjs> Topic: adjournment
  412. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Radhika_Roy
  413. # [18:35] <mjs> SR: thanks everybody!
  414. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Cynthia_Shelly
  415. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Michael_Cooper
  416. # [18:35] <Zakim> -??P16
  417. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Sam
  418. # [18:35] <Zakim> -[Apple]
  419. # [18:35] * Quits: eliot (eliot@208.78.235.1) (Quit: IceChat - Keeping PC's cool since 2000)
  420. # [18:35] <Zakim> - +1.215.286.aaaa
  421. # [18:35] <Zakim> -dpenkler
  422. # [18:35] * Quits: mfoladar (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  423. # [18:35] <Zakim> -[Microsoft]
  424. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Judy
  425. # [18:35] * Parts: janina (janina@66.92.170.178)
  426. # [18:35] <Zakim> -Mike
  427. # [18:35] <mjs> RRSAgent: draft minutes
  428. # [18:35] <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/03/31-html-wg-minutes.html mjs
  429. # [18:35] <Zakim> - +1.415.595.aacc
  430. # [18:36] * Parts: rubys (rubys@98.27.48.117)
  431. # [18:36] * Quits: paulc_ (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  432. # [18:40] * Quits: adrianba (adrianba@131.107.0.80) (Quit: Bye!)
  433. # [18:45] * Quits: dpenkler (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Quit: Page closed)
  434. # [18:47] * Quits: oedipus (Gregory_J.@70.111.174.200) (Quit: so long, li'l dudes -- don't learn anything i wouldn't learn!)
  435. # [18:53] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  436. # [19:27] * Quits: mjs (mjs@24.6.209.6) (Quit: mjs)
  437. # [19:38] <Zakim> disconnecting the lone participant, [Microsoft.a], in HTML_WG()12:00PM
  438. # [19:38] <Zakim> HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
  439. # [19:38] <Zakim> Attendees were +1.215.286.aaaa, Sam, hober, +33.6.72.99.aabb, adrianba, krisk, dpenkler, Michael_Cooper, +1.415.595.aacc, Mike, Cynthia_Shelly, Judy, [Microsoft], paulc,
  440. # [19:38] <Zakim> ... Radhika_Roy
  441. # [19:53] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  442. # [19:58] * Joins: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4)
  443. # [20:25] * Quits: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58) (Quit: Freedom - to walk free and own no superior.)
  444. # [20:28] * Joins: mjs (mjs@67.218.106.89)
  445. # [20:37] * Quits: mjs (mjs@67.218.106.89) (Quit: mjs)
  446. # [20:43] * Zakim excuses himself; his presence no longer seems to be needed
  447. # [20:43] * Parts: Zakim (rrs-bridgg@128.30.52.169)
  448. # [20:52] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.102.196)
  449. # [20:59] * Joins: mjs (mjs@17.246.17.74)
  450. # [21:02] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@213.236.208.22) (Quit: This computer has gone to sleep)
  451. # [21:09] * Quits: krisk (qw3birc@128.30.52.28) (Ping timeout)
  452. # [21:24] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50)
  453. # [21:25] * Quits: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50) (Quit: Leaving)
  454. # [21:25] * Joins: Lachy (Lachlan@84.215.59.50)
  455. # [21:25] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12402] Global datetime example is incorrect <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0868.html>
  456. # [21:34] * Quits: kliehm (kliehm@83.221.34.4) (Quit: ChatZilla 0.9.86.1 [Firefox 4.0/20110318052756])
  457. # [21:49] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@157.201.102.196) (Quit: disconnected: Jace Voracek - Jace@Jace-Place.com)
  458. # [21:53] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  459. # [22:11] * Joins: Martijnc (Martijnc@91.176.231.15)
  460. # [22:20] * Joins: karl (karlcow@128.30.54.58)
  461. # [22:25] * Quits: davidb (davidb@66.207.206.180) (Quit: davidb)
  462. # [22:30] * Joins: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200)
  463. # [22:37] * Quits: J_Voracek (J_Voracek@74.209.38.200) (Ping timeout)
  464. # [22:54] <pimpbot> planet: Christos: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  465. # [22:56] * Quits: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169) (Ping timeout)
  466. # [23:05] * Joins: MikeSmith_ (MikeSmith@111.188.43.9)
  467. # [23:07] * Quits: MikeSmith (MikeSmith@114.48.22.161) (Ping timeout)
  468. # [23:07] * MikeSmith_ is now known as MikeSmith
  469. # [23:09] * Quits: Martijnc (Martijnc@91.176.231.15) (Quit: Martijnc)
  470. # [23:17] * Joins: kennyluck (kennyluck@128.30.52.169)
  471. # [23:54] <pimpbot> planet: A Googler: Getting smoother animated web content while reducing CPU usage <http://blog.chromium.org/2011/03/getting-smoother-animated-web-content.html>
  472. # [23:56] <pimpbot> bugmail: [Bug 12407] input type="image" and "name" attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0870.html> ** [Bug 12407] New: input type="image" and "name" attribute <http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-bugzilla/2011Mar/0869.html>
  473. # Session Close: Fri Apr 01 00:00:00 2011

The end :)